Killer Robots

Killer Robots

This is a discussion on Killer Robots within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this on Fox News website Australian Man Gunned Down in Driveway by Killer Robot Wednesday, March 19, 2008 E-Mail Print Share: DiggFacebookStumbleUpon An ...

Thread: Killer Robots

Killer Robots

I found this on Fox News website

Australian Man Gunned Down in Driveway by Killer Robot
    Wednesday, March 19, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:
    DiggFacebookStumbleUpon
    An 81-year-old Australian man has shot himself dead with an elaborate suicide robot built using plans he downloaded from the Internet.

The Gold Coast man, who lived alone, left notes of his plans and thoughts as he struggled to come to terms with demands by interstate relatives that he move out his home and into care.

He spent hours searching the Internet for a way to kill himself, downloaded what he needed and then built a complex machine that would remotely fire a gun.

He set the device up in his driveway about 7 a.m. Wednesday, placed himself in front of it and set it in motion.

His notes explained that he chose the driveway as he knew there were tradesmen working next door who would find his body. The plan worked as the workmen heard the gunshots and ran to investigate.

The machine was attached to a .22 semi-automatic pistol loaded with four bullets.

It was able to fire multiple shots into the man's head after he activated it.

Looks like terminator may not be too far away.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Administrator
    Well, at least he gets some style points. I guess he was still quite capable despite what his family thought.

... and I thought Aussie's couldnt have guns anymore? Oh wait... thats for people. I guess 'bots are still allowed to have them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, at least he gets some style points. I guess he was still quite capable despite what his family thought.

... and I thought Aussie's couldnt have guns anymore? Oh wait... thats for people. I guess 'bots are still allowed to have them.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    Perhaps he should have made a robot to help him with is day to day stuff, that way his family would leave him alone. I've always thought that having a Rosie (from The Jetsons) would be neat. I would make her better looking though.

I'd like to see the plans or pictures of this device... I know its a little morbid, but it has my attention.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Seems like a lot of trouble, but I guess it shows it wasn't a "weak moment" decision. I wonder what that thing is going to sell for on ebay.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Links