Ma Deuce

This is a discussion on Ma Deuce within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After a lovely month out of living out of my ruck under the Hawaiin stars, I feel the need to gloat a bit. I'm an ...

Thread: Ma Deuce

Ma Deuce

After a lovely month out of living out of my ruck under the Hawaiin stars, I feel the need to gloat a bit.

I'm an 0311 (Marine slang for rifleman) by trade, but during training last month got to fire off a belt from JMB's masterpiece while perched atop a statinonry HUMMV. Usually us grunts don't get to touch such a beautiful thing, its reserved for the machinegunners who fear we will break it.

You just can't quite appreciate this weapon without It is an absolutely beautiful thing to watch your rounds hit at 1000 meters with it and feel the hefty recoil as you lean into it.

So I'd like to thank you all for your tax dollars that went into that belt, I appreciated it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    We appreciate it too, those belts are a small price to pay.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Talking

You're welcome you jerk (forgive my jelousy)
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    The M2HB is one of the most perfect machines ever created. It does what it was designed to do beautifully. There is almost a spiritual side to its perfection... Be thankful that you got a belt, but be jealous of those of us who have fired thousands of rounds through old Mother Deuce... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I'll spend some tax dollars to invest in freedom anyday,some people join the military just so they can fondle all the neat guns,I know i did

I've still got time OPFOR, I'm sure I'll get more chances to fire one. Everything from the look, to operation to sound is just about perfect.

I got thousands through the old A4 last month, which at this point I'll take over thousands of .50 because it is what I carry daily.

Your jealousy is forgiven Dakota, but did I mention it was all armor piercing incendiary and API tracer rounds?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    They are fun to shoot.

Gotta watch the API and APIT though.
    Nothing like sprinting 600 yards to put out a grass fire.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

You at K-bay or Camp Smith? I'm assuming K-bay.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

M2 -- when you really want to reach out and touch someone. Glad you're on the job, jarhead!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyePFC View Post
    You just can't quite appreciate this weapon without It is an absolutely beautiful thing to watch your rounds hit at 1000 meters with it and feel the hefty recoil as you lean into it.
    Got to do hat once many years ago at a range in Korea. The target was a circle drawn with oil at 500 yards. And you are right, it's an experience you never forget!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Talking Best part is.......

you don't have to take aim. Just point in the general direction,watch the trees fall,bushel baskets full of earth fly into the air,and adjust fire.
    U.S. Army Veteran

kpw
    Tax dollars well spent. I'd rather buy ammo than a lot of other stuff our money goes to. Thanks for your service!

In the 1980s the commander of 7th Group Special forces at Ft Bragg invited me to spend a couple of days on the range with them shooting everything they had. I had a ball and probably burned thousands of dollars worth of ammo. The M2 and the 106 recoiless rifle were my favorite guns that I shot those two days. It was something that the typical Air Force person just didn't get to do. I worked in a gun shop with the commander on my off duty time. Never made a penny but sure purchased a bunch of guns over that time. I just regret that I didn't pick up a bunch of 50 caliber ammo when I had the chance.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Gawd, id love to have a few minutes on a 50 amongst other pieces of wonderful machinery.

Links