Cattle vs. cops battle ends in gunfire

This is a discussion on Cattle vs. cops battle ends in gunfire within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com Four steers lead police, farmers and animal control in Ontario, Canada, on a chase after a truck accident. ...

Thread: Cattle vs. cops battle ends in gunfire

Cattle vs. cops battle ends in gunfire

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Four steers lead police, farmers and animal control in Ontario, Canada, on a chase after a truck accident. CTV reports.

2. Remove Ads

healthy looking beef

Break out the grills.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Break out the grills.
    MMMmmmm---ribeyes!

Sudden flashback to "Me, Myself, and Irene".
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Out this way, there are plenty of places where open range cattle can be found on the roadway. Makes for interesting travel, at times. Have come up against a bull and cows on a few occasions.

Once, drove by as an overturned trailer released a half-dozen cattle. This was on a four-lane highway (65mph zone). Needless to say, everyone was going slowly. There were many folks already out attempting to round them up, but they were spooked from the crash. Similar situation to the above news item. What a mess.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

A man's gotta' do what a man's gotta do...

Can we discuss the rest over a great steak?...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Legal in Colorado to pick up road kill.

Seen a few go a huntin' with the old beater truck and over grown bumper.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    They were afraid that the cattle might harm some of the gangbangers and violate their human rights.

I suspect that average Toronto city cop has little experience in handling livestock. We had a cop here that told of a good story of rounding up several cattle that jumped from a sinking barge and swam to the beach, will have to find that story.

pax
    The headline on this story made me think of that great, immortal classic: YouTube - Cows with guns

Heh.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

No choice but to end it. I liked that part. Did they get discount steaks?
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Many years ago a truck carrying 200 head of swine on the way to market ended up overturning in a ditch. The authorities released the critters into a local wood to lighten the load for the tow driver. This was in the days before PETA started showing up at such incidents to monitor the animal's welfare and such, so that Smithfield foods had to create an "overturned pig truck task force" or whatever they call it. Lots of laughs there. Anyway...

In the days after the incident, Smithfield Foods, or Carroll Farms, or somebody, relinquished ownership of the livestock, and the owner of the land let out an open invitation to any interested parties that the animals were "free" to anyone willing to harvest them.

You see where this this is going, don't you?

Me and my buddy, and a buddy of his, collected ourselves for this impromptu "special season." I carried a 30-30. My friend Rob carried an SKS, and his friend Speedy (aDeputy Sheriff in a neighboring county) brought a 22, then talked Rob into switching weapons.

We split up into the snow covered area after contemplating such minutiae as how one goes about calling a hog, and when we would gather for lunch. After several hours wandering aimlessly around, we met back at my truck. Rob had been successful, sort of. He was the only one of us who had spotted one of the ferocious beasts, and had promptly sent a round towards it's head. Unfortunately, at this point Murphy joined the hunt. The round ricocheted off the skull, the 22 jammed, and the hog charged, making a fair attempt at a grapple on Rob's leg and pelvis.

Folks, you can't really appreciate how exciting this can be until you experience it for yourself, but it ain't fun. Rob, feeling that his life was now in jeapordy, and somewhat crippled from an unfortunate knee injury during his senior year of high school, and being on a crutch after having surgical repair (no, really!), instinctively employed a little technique taught to him by the fine instructors at Fort Lee NJ during his split trainee basic school the year before. A few well placed butt strokes dispatched the animal before it could cause too much damage.

I'll forego at this time the little adventure I had in the woods prior to the killing. Lets just say it involved a basic human function, a lack of tissue or appropriate leafage, and a handful of packed snow. I've never felt quite so clean as, well... moving along...

We get this thing back to Rob's garage. At this point it occurs to us that we have no idea how to clean it. No, that's not correct. We did have an idea, it's just that it wasn't a good idea. Seems that stringing this 300 pound monster up from the garage door rail wasn't quite as simple as we wanted it to be. Certainly more difficult than doing the same with a deer, although it did have a distinct advantage over our plan B, which was to find a pot big enough to put it in and boil it.

Anybody ever tried to skin a hog? No? Well, there's a reason for this. Hog skin cuts and skins off about as well, and as fast, as you can peel concrete off dirt. But youth being not easily deterred, we eventually had fully stocked freezers to hold us over till the next highway mishap. That was some fine tasting piggy!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Anybody ever tried to skin a hog? No? Well, there's a reason for this. Hog skin cuts and skins off about as well, and as fast, as you can peel concrete off dirt.
    LMAO too true . Like many things there is a " knack " to it and if you dont know it it isnt easy .

Folks the cattle the cops delt with here were not the placid moo cows you see on the California cheese commericals . They were expressing that geneticly they were the first cousin of the water buff of the big 5 game animals . Even experienced livestock folk would likely have had to kill many of them just as a safety issue . If you can let them go pout a bit and assuming they are not bad hurt ( broke bones ect.. ) they will likely settle down and be managable within a couple of hours , not easy to manage , but safe enough if you know what you are doing . ) You just cannot allow them the time where public safety is concerned . They are real large , real dangerous animals who have exactly no respect for you , your property , your wife , your kids , ect.. If your in LE and have to deal with any bovine that has had any sort of highway incident take my advise and just shoot it before the cameras arrive .. it will save a lot of folk a lot of grief that way and the end will be no different for the critter .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links