Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife (MO)

This is a discussion on Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife (MO) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As reported by KMBC TV: Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife Patsy Long Died From Gunshot Wound To Chest POSTED: 9:19 am CDT March ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife (MO)

Thumbs down Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife (MO)

As reported by KMBC TV:

Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife
    Patsy Long Died From Gunshot Wound To Chest

POSTED: 9:19 am CDT March 25, 2008
    UPDATED: 12:04 pm CDT March 25, 2008

SEDALIA, Mo. -- Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.

Patsy D. Long, 34, of Deep Water, was pronounced dead early Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun.

Pasty Long was standing outside the residence, helping her husband with the installation of a satellite television system. The couple's children were also outside.

According to sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills, Ronald Long fired a shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Ronald Long told authorities that he fired a second shot, then called out his wife's name and the names of their two children. When he got no reply, he ran outside and found his wounded wife.

Pasty Long was hit by the second of two shots fired by Ronald Long, the Henry County Sheriff's Department said.

Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," Hills said.

Hills described the family as being very "distraught."

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long's death until the Sheriff's Department completes its investigation.

The story can be found at; Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Wow. I don't have words for this, at least not that are usable on this site.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    As reported by KMBC TV:

Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.
    Let's see.....you fire a gun without regard for where the bullet is going to end up and you kill someone as a result. Maybe it's just me, but that sure sounds like it warrants charges!

You've got to feel for the kids. Their life just changed forever.....

VIP Member
    Using a firearm instead of a drill!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I guess some people never heard of a drill. How could anybody be so stupid!

That dude deserves to be locked up on sheer stupidity
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

I was in this guys shoes two years ago and to penetrate the wall fully I went to my local Ace hardware and bought a relatively spendy ($25) extra long and wide diameter drill bit that was designed for just this type of usage. I've used it only once that one time.
    Even if his .22 trick were to work I don't see how he thought beyond penetrating the wall that he was going to have a success. The size of sat tv coax cable is closer to .45 ACP than tiny .22.

Anyway yet another event and persons to be added to the Brady gun victim database. The husband will be listed as a gun murder, the wife as a gun crime victim, and the incident as another gun murder number. All of this will be used as justification against we gun owners at large as being dangerous to ourselves and those who live with us in our homes and that owning guns within ones home increases your chances of being injured by <fill in the blank number>, and is of great danger to children too.

This case and guy is a Brady group poster child.
    I bet if one had asked him a day before his cable install effort how he felt about the Brady group and/or efforts to remove firearms from homes under the guise of 'consumer and public safety' he'd have responded that as much action and necessity is bogus.

Please people, think before you act.
    The results of not doing so can and often do affect person aside from yourself be they close or a far.

- :(
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    That is on a level of stupid entirely its own. I hope those kids have more sense than their parents - one who shoots through walls towards his family, and another who sticks around after the first shot to get hit by the second...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Hmmm, was she supposed to be standing there to tell him if it went through? Methinks its a possibility....

I was in this guys shoes two years ago and to penetrate the wall fully I went to my local Ace hardware and bought a relatively spendy ($25) extra long and wide diameter drill bit that was designed for just this type of usage. I've used it only once that one time.
    Ditto. I had similar project and the extra long drill bit is now collecting dust. Maybe it will get used once again in my life. Stupid to try and save $25 and end up killing your wife. Bad, bad news and sucks big time for the kids.

In regards to the Brady Bunch - to he** with them and their kind. They would make up stories if nothing else to keep their war on guns alive. This guy didn't help 'the cause' but stuff happens in this world and it isn't just guns that cause stupidity related deaths ( see The Darwin Awards)
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

Administrator
    Well, looking on the bright side...he obviously has a hole in his exterior wall to run that cable through now.
    At least he can watch TV with the kids and will be able to see his total stupidity broadcast on Worldwide International News in 27 different languages.

Idiot.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, looking on the bright side...he obviously has a hole in his exterior wall to run that cable through now.
    At least he can watch TV with the kids and will be able to see his total stupidity broadcast on Worldwide International News in 27 different languages.

Idiot.
    NO not yet, here is why,,,,,
    Even if his .22 trick were to work I don't see how he thought beyond penetrating the wall that he was going to have a success. The size of sat tv coax cable is closer to .45 ACP than tiny .22.
    His local gunshop just got his order for .45 cal "texas drill kit" so he should be able to watch TV next week, Hoping he will be on the outside checking for accuracy of the drill this time though.

Anyone want to help him align the new drill hole.

Ok sorry I have a cold heart when it comes to stupidity, Just wondering how many stupid people there really are, whats next 12 ga. back scratchers?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    You know sometimes I think there many be those who walk among us that actually did evolved from monkeys. Apparently this is a person evolving back to being a monkey. Sorry if there are any monkeys this offends.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Administrator
    I mean....let's just pretend (for just a minute) that this guy is not a moron or a total imbecile.

Maybe it's a cover-up for a carefully planned Murder just made to look like an accident.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I mean....let's just pretend (for just a minute) that this guy is not a moron or a total imbecile.

Maybe it's a cover-up for a carefully planned Murder just made to look like an accident.
    Either way, he is a moron and a total imbecile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links