More CSI Miami stupidity Monday night

This is a discussion on More CSI Miami stupidity Monday night within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They showed that a guy had discharged his revolver by the entire round being missing from the cylinder! This from the same program that made ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More CSI Miami stupidity Monday night

More CSI Miami stupidity Monday night

They showed that a guy had discharged his revolver by the entire round being missing from the cylinder!

This from the same program that made a big deal a couple of years ago about rounds not ejecting onto the ground from revolvers.
    Robert John Stewart, The Lost King of Scotland

2. Remove Ads

That's show-business!

I was wondering about that myself, but her words when she opened the cylinder were, "one round missing, one round fired"

I was hoping it meant that the gun wasn't fully loaded and from a spent shell casing, it showed he fired a round... I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Of course, that guy didn't do it, so we never find out what the deal with his gun is... Oh well.... still a cool show.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

maybe its one of them new fangled caseless revolver ammo

VIP Member
    I remember emailing CSI Miami during the first season telling them that that there is no firearms registration in the State of Florida. I kept seeing the same stupid mistake over and over on 2 or more seasons afterwards. Also the female officers carrying the purses on the side of the gun! But I think the best mistake I saw (but did not initially understand) was one my wife caught. In one show they were "processing" a murdered woman and removed her pantyhose, my wife shouted NO WOMAN WEARS PANTYHOSE IN MIAMI! IT IS TOO DARN HOT!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You'd think Horatio would be melting wearing those black suits and long sleeves in that heat. I'm always amused they show them out working in that Miami sun, no sweat whatsoever.

I thought they found the spent casing on the floor of the nightclub where the guy fired his revolver into the air. Maybe I just imagined that, I was watching it at work and was busy at the time.

My take was they were showing the empty chamber to allow the firearms challenged tv viewers to realize the gun had been fired.

Oh well, the program has the hottest women of any cop show, that alone makes me overlook the firearms idiocies. And, I actually like Caruso's character, even if he is over dramatic.

However, no one would fire a round from a revolver then just remove that one round, I wouldn't think.
    Robert John Stewart, The Lost King of Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Stewart View Post
    I thought they found the spent casing on the floor of the nightclub where the guy fired his revolver into the air. Maybe I just imagined that, I was watching it at work and was busy at the time.
    They found the round in a wall. He had fired his gun in the air at the gentlemans club, but it apparently ricoched into the wall.

Oh well, the program has the hottest women of any cop show, that alone makes me overlook the firearms idiocies.
    +1 Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne) is hot and she likes guns. I guess that means +2.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post

+1 Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne) is hot and she likes guns. I guess that means +2.
    I second that! Every time she come on the show my wife says " There's your girl!"

The show does make a few mistakes, I guess they need to pay for a better consultant.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Senior Moderator
    And people wonder why I don't watch TV
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    I second that! Every time she come on the show my wife says " There's your girl!"

The show does make a few mistakes, I guess they need to pay for a better consultant.

If they ever bump her off the show, I will stop watching it. CSI Miami and The Unit are the only two shows I watch anymore.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

The best I've seen on TV was a guy with a revolver in a shoulder holster, and on the off side he had 2 magazines.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Csi Hot

Quote; "Oh well, the program has the hottest women of any cop show, that alone makes me overlook the firearms idiocies. And, I actually like Caruso's character, even if he is over dramatic."

Don't like Caruso's character:1)He's always posing for the camera.2)Most of his lines are moronic.

As far as "The Hottest Women",you are SOO very right.
    So I keep watching.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I can't stand that show! Caruso's character is such a tool and they just can't seem to get it right when it comes to firearms use and technology.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Administrator
    My head is going to explode...Its a flippin fictional TV show people! Its all BS, not just the stupid little mistakes you notice. If you're going to watch it, understand its for your entertainment, not education.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My head is going to explode....

Ka-pow!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links