Movies

This is a discussion on Movies within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can Hollywood not come up with much orginal .. Doom was a game now a movie im looking though the new trailers tonight for something ...

Thread: Movies

Movies

Can Hollywood not come up with much orginal .. Doom was a game now a movie im looking though the new trailers tonight for something todo and there Remaking

The Fog

Jezz it was only made late 70's early 80's and ya got to remake it i mean comeon

And the remakes are never anyone good look at Texas Chainsaw Masscure(sp) orginal was scray as heck remake sucked

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I just now came home from the theatre...saw "Serenity". If you are a fan of the TV series "Firefly" this is a must see film. If you aren't familiar with Firefly, check out the DVD series and then go see this film! It was awesome...lots (and I mean lots) of gunplay and special effects and humor and a darn good story to boot.

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    I just now came home from the theatre...saw "Serenity". If you are a fan of the TV series "Firefly" this is a must see film. If you aren't familiar with Firefly, check out the DVD series and then go see this film! It was awesome...lots (and I mean lots) of gunplay and special effects and humor and a darn good story to boot.

I just finished the DVD series, a friend gave it to me, I must say I enjoyed it very much. I'll wait for Serenity to hit DVD too probably.

And TA's right, you should watch "Firefly".
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I also just watched Serenity, and now I'm going find a copy of the Firefly DVD. Like TA sai, lots of gunplay an interesting story, and it was fun. Some of the humor was a little adult but I'm pretty sure we're all adults here. All in all a good movie.

A1C Lickey

im going to get the firefly series been catching it on cable lately

VIP Member
    Regarding your first post, Bud....there is just not a lot of new or original material coming out of Hollywood these days. I go to quite a few movies since I'm off work on Fridays, and the vast majority of them are "just okay". When the best they can do is re-hash "Dukes of Hazard" or "the Longest Yard"....yeesh

Best movies I have seen this year would be "Sin City", "The War of the Worlds", and now "Serenity".

Pickins' is slim from Hollyweird these days....they rely on Slam-bang special effects, and the story plot is an afterthought....if they even have a plot

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

But you have to admit

As dumb as Dukes of Hazzard ended up being, Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke - damn. Oh, in case anyone missed it, Dukes was redone by the same group that did Super Troopers and Club Dread. If you haven't seen Super Troopers yet, kick yourself, and then find a copy, unless you're easliy offended. Then just kick yourself!!

Assistant Administrator
    ''The Fog'' needs no remake - what a waste of cash.

The original still stands up now IMO and was as I recall a pretty effective scare flick.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73
    Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke - damn.
    Just in case someone doesn't know who Jessica Simpson is, I took the liberty of posting this photo :

strictly as a public service...civic duty...etc....

' '

Now Super Troopers that was a great Movie

Links