when your plastic arrived ?

This is a discussion on when your plastic arrived ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i was curious, how many of you got a letter or something when your CHL arrived in the mailbox? mine came attached to another sheet ...

Thread: when your plastic arrived ?

when your plastic arrived ?

i was curious, how many of you got a letter or something when your CHL arrived in the mailbox?
    mine came attached to another sheet of paper so it wouldn't rattle around, but thats all.
    no letter of congrats,or warning about you better use this right, nothing....it was sort of anti-climatic.did your plastic come w/anything extra in the envelope?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    In Spokane, if you want it mailed, you have to provide the postage. Since I didn't have a stamp on me, I just went back in and picked it up after 30 days.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Lead Moderator
    Picked mine up in person too. Got see some old colleagues at the same time.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

after 45 days of waiting for my chl i got a letter from dps that said my app is still procecing and i can see the progress online( texas)

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    i was curious, how many of you got a letter or something when your CHL arrived in the mailbox?
    You didn't get the State check for $1,000 to fund your first gun and rig? I didn't realize they'd discontinued that.........

VIP Member
    Had to go pick mine up at the circuit court clerks office. They didn't even offer me a cup of coffee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    You didn't get the State check for $1,000 to fund your first gun and rig? I didn't realize they'd discontinued that.........
    whaaaaat?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan4x4 View Post
    after 45 days of waiting for my chl i got a letter from dps that said my app is still procecing and i can see the progress online( texas)
    they might send you a letter telling you that you need to do something like pull some file or that something was done incorrectly. the letter you got shows signs of that happening. it happened to me after i sent them an email.
    they told me i had to go find a file that they couldn't find all the info on for some reason. i did what they said and mailed it to them two weeks later, but they approved my license one day after i sent the letter w/the documents they wanted, so they approved my license before they got what they asked me for to begin with. go figure.hopefully they wont send you a letter though they are never good news. some just worse than others.if it goes to 60 days and nothing,i would send them an email. they are pretty good about answering them within 2 days.

― Thomas Paine

Florida sends you a brochure of Q & A's pertaining to the use of deadly force for lawful self-defense, along with a list of states that have reciprocity with FL...
    FL also sends additional info on how to get answers to ANY other questions or concerns via phone or on-line.
    A phone call to the Dept of Ag is a positive experience...

Stay armed...live in the Gunshine State...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Have to go to the sheriff's office and the clerk gives out a rules summery sheet.

I had to pick mine up in person at the police station. With valid I.D.

i dont think they allow anyone to pick them up in person in TX.,but im not 100% sure about it.
    i think a lot of people would rather have it that way.

― Thomas Paine

In New York, you need to pick it up in person.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Just recieved my PA lic in the mail yesterday no plastic just a piece of paper which you have to sign and mail back to them.

Links