This is a discussion on Gun Wisdom within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gun Wisdom
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and ...
March 30th, 2008 09:31 PM
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
As John Steinbeck once said:
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a .45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a .46.'
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
But wait, there's more!
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, Of course it's loaded, it won't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.
I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
If you are too, please forward.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton
1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon
NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member
March 30th, 2008 09:31 PM
March 30th, 2008 11:18 PM
Not necessarily a gun quote but a good wisdom one;
Knowing how to use this one life to its fullest requires wisdom more than knowledge. Wisdom is different and fundamentally more important than knowledge. Knowledge is the accumulation of facts, whereas wisdom is the ability to discern what matters and what does not matter.
Some of my gun wisdom, besides my sig;
Beginners talk about gear and skill. Experienced gunmen talk about mindset and tactics.
None too small to carry; none too large in a gunfight.
To need and not have WORTHLESS. To have and not need PRICELESS.
Remember the first rule of gunfighting... have a gun.
Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.
The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.
Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.
By jackg in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: November 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
By JAT40 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: March 28th, 2009, 10:28 AM
By AirscanPilot in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: August 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
By flagflyfish in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: May 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
By Pro2A in forum Bob & Terry's Place
Last Post: March 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM