Atten Bumper

Atten Bumper

This is a discussion on Atten Bumper within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this and was wondering if I could have 10,000 posts and a senior member status? - Multiple or repeated posting in order to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atten Bumper

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Atten Bumper

I saw this and was wondering if I could have 10,000 posts and a senior member status?

- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is strongly discouraged. If you are so caught up in titles that you just can't contain yourself, let me know and I will artifically boost your post count for you.

Just kidding, I would like to give a shout out to all mods and admins on here YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE AWSOME. I am a member of a few other boards and the mods get somewhat of a power trip and are dinks.
    Example:
    Another board i belong to a new member did a search and found a topic from 2002, read it, then posted up pics of his gun after he did what the post was about and the Board Admin dised him and told him not to revive old threads, *** is up with that?? If something is archived, it could be 10 years and if it helps someone and they post a thanks they shouldn't get repromanded for it.

Once again you guys and gals have good heads on your shoulders and I am proud to be a member here. Well done.

All depends what it is but a post like that i could understand posting to it with pics would be the 1911forum would it :)

Assistant Administrator
    Bruce - I reckon that here there is no wish by any mod' - to have to mod' - and that is most of the time helped by the type of good folks we have on board.

I have seen a few boards where it does indeed seem some mods are on (permanent) power trips and cannot let a day slip by without wielding big hammers!

Much of what I do on THR for instance is check out to see if threads are in best place - often they are not and so I move them to appropriate forum. Only time gloves come off is when people get unduly personal and vindictive - then once seen it is fair game for some moderation - that of course in many cases, out of fairness to the majority who do not want to see it!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    would be the 1911forum would it :)
    You a member there? I am, my screen name is the same there. I am not at liberty to devulge such info as to where this example happened, but it was a forum that pertains to 1911's

Assistant Administrator
    Darned if I have a clue Bruce - as to why could find any reason to go there!!! LOL!
    Chris - P95

Lead Moderator
    bump for uping my post count. J/K. Actually I find this forum to be the most pleasant to surf on. But then , with lower # of posting folks, and most of us near if not the same in our political leaning , I imagine helps. Great site , none the less.

I told ya chris I have a problem, I am addicted to them. They are all I see.

yeah i am bruce have a different screen name there and know how some of the mods are there

DC Founder
    Thanks for the kind remarks. I actually started the forum because there just wasn't a forum out there with a concealed carry focus. The ones that do have a small area for CCW discussions, I had some problems with the way they treated people in general. Some of the "personalities" would jump on you if you bring up a question they thought was stupid or had been discussed years ago. You were expected to search the entire site and familarize yourself with every topic that had ever been posted and seek your answers there. I find many forums are not new member friendly, but rather a clique where anyone new is looked at with suspicion. God help you if you disagree with a mod in some forums or post to the wrong area.

I prefer to be less heavy handed and just move a post to the correct area. There is no reason to post that the original poster is an idiot for putting it in the wrong place. If you mess up here, you will, hopefully, get a low key explanation of the problem by PM or email or an edit/move will just be made. We do, occasionally, have someone wanting to complain in thread, but most of our members, I believe, would rather not have a spotlight thrown on them when they do something that might unintentionally break a rule.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Interesting thing Randy is - with a large or fairly large forum - folks come and folks go and when you think on it - there are probably only ''so many'' questions that can be asked.

Therefore, there has to be some allowance for repetition even tho searches will often find info - that is after all what tends to keep a forum alive and flourishing.

I'll often suggest folks go search but also - make allowance and help answer questions too where possible. We have to remember that new blood is essential and not turn them away.
    Chris - P95

p95carry I did not know you were a moderator at THR.
    I enjoy that forum very much.
    I have always enjoyed your responses.
    You should write there more.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    ...I would like to give a shout out to all mods and admins on here YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE AWSOME...

Once again you guys and gals have good heads on your shoulders and I am proud to be a member here. Well done.
    I'd like to sincerely second that!

Assistant Administrator
    RaeG - thank you for your comment - in fact should you happen to see my post count over there - it is obscene!

I think I have all but dried up with output there after so much typing, but do try and watch and read, plus respond to things of particular interest, while attempting to mod what needs mod'd!
    Chris - P95

I have always liked the MODS here. I'm on 2 other forums and on one, the MODS don't do anything, inface they complain when they have to do something, and on the other forum, they are EXTREMELY STRICT. The slightest thing will get you banned.

The ones on this forum actually participate daily and are part of the usual "group" of common posters you have on any forum.

good job guys!
    now give me more stars!
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Justin,

what you said about the mods around here being just part of the group...it's one of the reasons that I'm SO glad i found this forum before I found any others.

Even at that, I spent almost two months just lurking before I decided to post.

I really enjoy hanging around, throwing my opinion out, and listening to everyone elses opinion. And now that I'm visiting other forums too, I still 1) like this one the best, 2) frequent this one far more often and 3) love the small size, so that we all sort of joke around with one another.

and oh yeah... off topic and humor is almost my fav. section of the forum.!!!

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links