Loud radios

Loud radios

This is a discussion on Loud radios within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was just wondering if any of our military members know if there is an EMP weapon that can be directed at a single vehicle? ...

Thread: Loud radios

Loud radios

I was just wondering if any of our military members know if there is an EMP weapon that can be directed at a single vehicle? I had a vehicle come through here a few minutes ago with his radio so loud it shook two pictures off my wall and broke the frames. The AR is out of the question because it is too loud and traceable. I want something that can be directed to only affect the target vehicle and short out the entire electrical system. I would be willing to sell my wifes kidneys to purchase this weapon if it will bring quiet to my neighborhood.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Well, I guess you could set-up a fairly high powered microwave on reverse and fry his electronics (or something to that effect, they have directional microwaves).

Otherwise, theres always directional sound, so his music may be loud, but your sound can be even louder, and only he would be able to hear it.

Good luck!

Administrator
    All I can say is buy stock in a Hearing Aid company because many are going to need them at some future point in time.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I would be willing to sell my wifes kidneys to purchase this weapon if it will bring quiet to my neighborhood.
    Did you run that by her?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nah, she is a heavy sleeper. I think I could get them out without waking her.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I'd offer advise... but its about as illegal as it gets. lol
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member
    If there is such a device please add my name to purchase one, we live 1/2 mile from a US highway and still hear some of those four wheel ghetto blasters. +1 for stock in a hearing aid company.

I think I recall something from the Discovery Channel a few years back like that. It was like a TAZER bazooka and designed to kill the electronics of vehicles to stop high speed chases.

Maybe the cops on here can help ya more.

I'll need hearing aids for a variety of problems, but my hearing was great when I joined the military, despite years of loud vehicle noise.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

You just need the magnetron from a 1000 watt or better microwave oven, an ignition coil, something to pulse the current (a heavy duty relay or dimmer would do), a big dang capacitor and power supply, and something to shield your vehicle from the electromagnetic pulse.
    Charge big capacitor(s). Dump into magnetron via coil and pulse circuit (to chop the current for the coil). Make sure your vehicle's electronics are well shielded, I'd bet this setup would fry anything sensitive within at least 25 feet.

Oh yeah - I'm not responsible for anything you do with that information. I provide it for educational and point-of-interest purposes only.

I've always wanted to try it out in traffic, but somehow the thought of a felony on my record isn't very encouraging.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Do they sell that stuff at Radio Shack?

I seem to remember a senior citizen in Florida a few years ago who politely asked a yute to turn down his radio. When the yute refused, he employed a more traditional device to silence the noise, the old "357 Magnum in a paper bag" trick.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Then go Scottish

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I was just wondering if any of our military members know if there is an EMP weapon that can be directed at a single vehicle? I had a vehicle come through here a few minutes ago with his radio so loud it shook two pictures off my wall and broke the frames. The AR is out of the question because it is too loud and traceable. I want something that can be directed to only affect the target vehicle and short out the entire electrical system. I would be willing to sell my wifes kidneys to purchase this weapon if it will bring quiet to my neighborhood.
    deadeye, I am military,and although this method is tracable and could escalate this particular situtation, it is HIGHLY effective when used in the barracks, sitting in traffic, or out in housing.......

Go get a CD of "The Pipes of Scottland" or something like that from Wal-Mart, Goodies,etc. Then, when the offending "over volumated"
    musis is played, put in your "Pipes"! Turn up YOUR volume!
    It will overbear ANY type of music, rap, R&B, metal,....any of it. I know, I've seen it work in several diffrent enviroments. It's still an option for me to employ from time to time. The bagpipes treble will drown out all other lower frequencies of audible sound. It works!

Good Luck!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Thanks cvhoss. I like that, but after further consideration, I live in the take off and landing path of the airport here. I think using this method could turn out very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Go get a CD of "The Pipes of Scottland" or something like that from Wal-Mart, Goodies,etc. Then, when the offending "over volumated"
    musis is played, put in your "Pipes"! Turn up YOUR volume!
    It will overbear ANY type of music, rap, R&B, metal,....any of it. I know, I've seen it work in several diffrent enviroments. It's still an option for me to employ from time to time. The bagpipes treble will drown out all other lower frequencies of audible sound. It works!

Good Luck!
    I may try this method. I hope it works fast though. I don't know how long I can listen to the pipes.

B.T.W. My wife saw this and was not happy with the idea of me selling her kidneys. I sleep better on the couch anyway.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Here's what I was told, and I trust the source:
    About 20 years ago, a bright young JVS student took the transmitter out of a microwave oven, rigged it in the grille of his car and used it to confuse police radar.
    He was caught when he bragged about it to a cohort, and an off duty trooper was in line behind him at McDonald's, listening to every word he said.
    This is hearsay but I trust the source. How he rigged it, what kind of antenna, reflector, power supply, etc. I have no idea.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

I love the bagpipes! TURN IT UP!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Links