Family court ruling wounds National Guardsman in the heart - Page 2

Family court ruling wounds National Guardsman in the heart

This is a discussion on Family court ruling wounds National Guardsman in the heart within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well first of all I don't think it's fair to automatically criticize a judge just because he didn't spend 20 years in the Corps. It ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well first of all I don't think it's fair to automatically criticize a judge just because he didn't spend 20 years in the Corps. It IS fair to criticize the complete lack of sensibility and compassion on the judge's part.

What IS also fair is to criticize our legal system and think about this: there are an obscene number of lawyers in this country. How come there's been no tort reform to curb abuses like this? We have so many legal experts surely someone could hammer out some better legal systems.

Simple, they'd all be out of a job...

And let's not forget the important and sad fact that the letter of the law is more important than the liberty of the people it it supposed to protect.

"Justice" is a thing of the past, I'm afraid. It has been replaced with "lawfulness".

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Also don't forget that juvinile court law is designed to protect the child above all other considerations.

If I were a judge or "referee", as much as it pains me to say it, if I were responsible for deciding the child's future I would have to at least consider that a single-parent Soldier might not provide the best for the child no matter how much they tried or wanted to do so.

I've seen single parents, and dual military parents, really struggle to provide... heck even families with only one parent in the service have a hard time.

A judge's job is to use their judgement in applying the law. None of us were sitting in that judgement seat, none of us have heard all the evidence... only what this one obviously biased writer had to say.

Something to think about.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

No you cant tell a referee to stick it you wont go to jail but hope you never get him again and his ruling is as good as the judges he just cant hold you in contempt.. I still stand by my statement that its gear for women.

Women in the Service is a Different Deal ..

Im in the System im getting Screwed by the system so i can Tell you For Sure espically since this took place in michigan that becuse you are a man unless you have a 500$ a hour lawyer you have lost before you begin..

I know i have had to go the Lawyer route while Dealing with the Ex and all the games that Friend of court allowed her to play why did i finnaly get what i want i had more money to pay the lawyer longer sorry it sounds cruel but it was onyl way i could get them to enforce the judges ruling for how long i got him plus weekes in summer ..

I had the print out in black and white signed by the judge and they wouldnt enforce it becuse she could fight it ..

Bahh rant off this will just make me madder and i will turn un civil

Last work till your in the system and dDealing with the Michigan system you dont know

JT [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier
    A judge's job is to use their judgement in applying the law. None of us were sitting in that judgement seat, none of us have heard all the evidence... only what this one obviously biased writer had to say.

Something to think about.
    And why is this an “obviously biased writer”? Taking a strong stance and having firm convictions does not make one biased. It was a very well written column that reported the story and addressed the underlying issues.

Either they took away joint custody because he was in Iraq serving his country (according to the family court "referee"), or they took him away because he sent him pictures of guns. Either one is so incredibly wrong, it is sickening.

I have seen so many stupid rulings from the bench, that I will give this solider the benefit of the doubt before I give the judge the benefit of the doubt.

Here is more of the story in the father’s and son’s words…
    http://www.joeysbill.com/
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    All I'm saying is that it is easy to second guess someone. It is much harder to make the decisions yourself. I've made decisions under stresss and under fire that weren't the best posible, but were all I could come up with at the time. I'd be very annoyed if someone came along later and questioned them.

The writer has an agenda. Even if I agree with the agenda it's important to know that it exists. The story is slanted one way, and it would be entirely possible to write it slanted the other way.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

JT [OP]
    All I'm saying is that it is easy to second guess someone. It is much harder to make the decisions yourself. I've made decisions under stresss and under fire that weren't the best posible, but were all I could come up with at the time. I'd be very annoyed if someone came along later and questioned them..
    Decision should be evaluated and questioned. Even if they are the best that a given individual could make under a given set of circumstances with the information they had, they should be questioned to determine if the proper decision was made. If not, how will better decisions be made in the future?

The writer has an agenda. Even if I agree with the agenda it's important to know that it exists. The story is slanted one way, and it would be entirely possible to write it slanted the other way.
    Well, I guess you could say she has an agenda to stop this type of abuse and interference by over active courts. I have no problem with that.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The soldiers and sailors have volunteered to be away from home for long stretches at a time and live in an environment that even our pond scum in prisons do not have to endure. All the time being subjected to being shot at and blown up so that they can protect the rights of the judges to take away their kids while they are doing this for their country. Come on you bunch of whiners------what's wrong with that ??? ----------

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I can't stand the Family Court system. I took me 5 years with proof of drug use and prostitution IN THE HOUSE WHILE THE KIDS WERE HOME, to finally get full custody of my children from my ex-wife...and I am pretty sure I still would have lost of she didn't go to prison!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links