Killer bees

Killer bees

This is a discussion on Killer bees within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Swarming Killer Bees Send 70 Mexican Police Officers to the Hospital Tuesday, April 08, 2008 MEXICO CITY — At least 70 police officers were hospitalized ...

Thread: Killer bees

Killer bees

Swarming Killer Bees Send 70 Mexican Police Officers to the Hospital
    Tuesday, April 08, 2008

MEXICO CITY — At least 70 police officers were hospitalized after so-called Africanized bees swarmed a police shooting range in southern Mexico, authorities said Tuesday.

The attacked occurred Monday in Tapachula, Chiapas, after one of the policemen hit the bees' hive with a bullet, local police officer Miguel Serrano said Tuesday. At least 10 of the 70 officers stung were in serious condition, he said.

"We tried as hard as we could, but we weren't able to avoid getting stung," Serrano said. "Some of us hit the ground, but that didn't help."

"It was really bad. I haven't seen anything like it, even in the movies," he said.

Africanized bees, a fierce hybrid strain sometimes referred to as "killer bees," are the result of an experiment to increase honey production in Brazil. A swarm escaped a lab in 1957 and began heading north.
    I guess next time they will check to see what is behind their target.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

One of the cops shot the bee hive? Dumb...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There spreading across the southern U.S. NOW!
    I seen a special on them and they stung a 3"x3" piece of leather over 200 times in less then a minute!
    It sucks to be them!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Any bees is killer bees.
    I carry a pair of consecutive serial numbered, matched Epi-Pens in a Bob Mernickle speed rig with forward (FBI) cant.
    My wife prefers purse carry for her Epi-Pen, despite the constant danger of an Epi-Pen loose on the street if she's purse-snatched.
    (Okay, kidding aside, my beautiful bride nearly died three times in one year from allergic reactions, and I'm allergic to the whole group too -- bees and wasps both -- so we really do carry the Epi-Pens. I don't really have a separate Mernickle rig for the epi-pens. I added an Epi-Pen pocket to the underside of my Miami Rig holster and a second between the magazine pockets.)
    (The wife really does purse carry her Epi-Pen, though.)
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

I too am allergic to the buggers. I hate anything that stings!

I carry a bee suit in my truck. I'm the guy they call when they have a problem. I used to collect swarms now since we have Africanized hives in the area I just kill them. I hate to do it but can't be bringing home Africanized bees to my house and getting my son stung.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

maybe ill shoot a hive now.
    sounds like too much fun to not join in
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

gangsta bees
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Any bees is killer bees.
    I carry a pair of consecutive serial numbered, matched Epi-Pens in a Bob Mernickle speed rig with forward (FBI) cant.

Now thats funny!!

DC Founder
    I've heard that virtually all bees in Arizona are now "africanized". I used to work for a state agency that had people out in the fields checking water wells. They had to be equipped with bee suits since bees seem to like to start their hives inside of water wells here. Imagine opening up a wellhead only to find a beehive of killer bees. Not good when you're by yourself and miles away from help....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    About 10 years ago I was at the coast, on vacation. I noticed some very large bumblebees coming out of the chimney onto the brick hearth below. Bigger than a quarter. They seemed to be acting strangely so I sprayed them with Raid. Nothing happened so I sprayed them again for quite a while. Still nothing happened, so I stepped on them and ground them into the hearth with the heel of my shoe. They couldn't be squashed either... still buzzing. They were like undead zombie bees or something.

Did that Epi-Holster come in black? Its gotta match the custom Bee Suit I am fixing to get made
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

By the way I assume your joking about the custom black bee suit. Black is the worst color for a bee suit. White only, bees tend to react much less to white. As for the big bees on the post above the black suit post. They probably were bumble bees. Africanized bees tend to be 25% smaller then the regular European honey bee. Bumble bees do hive up and can put a pretty good hurt on you. I got stung with one while at the regional NRA Silhouette Championships in NC in 1983. I felt something crawling up my leg and I reached around and grabbed it and got stung in the palm of my left hand. My hand swelled to twice it's size and I came in 2nd place over all. I was not willing to try it again but I figure it gave me something else to worry about.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Ok let me see if I understand this... they can hit a bee, but can't seen to even get close to a 200 lb drug smuggler? Weird!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

I can see it now ,whoever breaks open the "pinata" that's buzzing gets a really big surprise
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links