Metro charter school accused of teaching Islam

This is a discussion on Metro charter school accused of teaching Islam within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Check out the last line. KSTP.com - Metro charter school accused of teaching Islam Metro charter school accused of teaching Islam A Star Tribune newspaper ...

Check out the last line.

KSTP.com - Metro charter school accused of teaching Islam

A Star Tribune newspaper column has prompted a state investigation into a charter school. A substitute teacher said a school in Inver Grove Heights is blurring the line of separation of church and state.

Being a charter school Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy, or TIZA, is supported by tax dollars. The teacher told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS the presence of religion she observed at the school took her by surprise.

TIZA Executive Director Azad Zaman insisted the school follows with state and federal laws.

"TIZA does not endorse any religion," he said.

However, TIZA Academy is sponsored by Islamic Relief USA, based in California.

The questions came after substitute teacher Amanda Getz taught at TIZA last month and told the Star Tribune about things she observed that day that shocked her.

"I've been in a lot of schools and I've never been in a school where they had washing rituals, or they had prayer, or where they had a room where you had to take your shoes off," Getz said.

"It is most likely that this substitute teacher was sadly mistaken," said Zaman.

He said the school follows state and federal guidelines when it comes to religion.

"We're required under the federal guidelines to allow students to pray when they wish to do so. And as Muslim students, they're allowed to pray around 1:30 p.m., so we allow them to do that," Zaman explained.

The State Department of Education said they would conduct more site visits and write to the State Department to find out more about the schoolís sponsor.

TIZA requires all students to learn Arabic as a second language English.

State law requires the school to fly an American flag during school hours, however no flag flies outside of TIZA Academy.

Zaman told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS he didnít know how to work the flagpole.
    "If you can't place your shots on a non-moving piece of paper, how much more difficult will it be when that piece of paper becomes a 3-time felon whose sole purpose is to avoid going back to prison no matter what happens and no matter who gets in the way?"

Taken from a posting by "Deadmeat 2"

Were in trouble!! That's all I can get away with saying right now !!
    It will be to late,once we wake up.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Zaman told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS he didn’t know how to work the flagpole.
    And the sheep believe this??

I'll betcha he could break down an AK PDQ....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Executive Director Azad Zaman says he can't operate a flag pole, but he sure seems to know how to spent our tax dollars.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

This and other news stories resonate with us and other like-minded people. They raise red flags all over the place but the stupid sheeple just think it is nice that the school is being "diverse". Another red hot liberal buzz word "diverse". I believe it is code for "slowly taking your country over from within."

Sooner or later we are going to have to deal with the militant Moslem population in this country or we will end up just like the UK, slowly slipping towards being an Islamic republic and a third world country with nukes.

I wish I could shake the people of this country awake before it is too late, but I fear we may be headed towards a kind of religious war in the US in the not too distant future. It scares me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

And he's the Director. Can he tie his own shoes or is that also beyond his ability?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    This and other news stories resonate with us and other like-minded people. They raise red flags all over the place but the stupid sheeple just think it is nice that the school is being "diverse". Another red hot liberal buzz word "diverse". I believe it is code for "slowly taking your country over from within."

Sooner or later we are going to have to deal with the militant Moslem population in this country or we will end up just like the UK, slowly slipping towards being an Islamic republic and a third world country with nukes.

I wish I could shake the people of this country awake before it is too late, but I fear we may be headed towards a kind of religious war in the US in the not too distant future. It scares me.
    It should scare us all!! It's the truth! ...got to order more ammo!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

...and who are sending their kids to this school?
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Links