Have you noticed?

Have you noticed?

This is a discussion on Have you noticed? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is my perception, hear it out and give me your thoughts. I watch the history channel, discovery, and so forth. I've noticed lately they ...

Thread: Have you noticed?

Have you noticed?

This is my perception, hear it out and give me your thoughts.

I watch the history channel, discovery, and so forth. I've noticed lately they are doing a lot of documentaries on world disasters. Just to name a few:

TLC- big special on 9/11 and events preceding it. 3 hour show on biblical predictions focusing on the book of revelation. As well as many other shows on world terrorism and the current war.

Discovery: They have been showing quite a bit on natural disasters and events occuring in the natural world (out of human control) Many large earthquakes in the past year, hinting that there may be massive tectonic movement taking place. Quite a few areas (CA etc.) are excessively overdue for large quakes and the feeling in the scientific world is that there are imminent natural disasters on a world altering scale.

Now, what is the point of all this? Are they trying to drop suttle hints that america as a whole needs to raise the bar on our disaster preparedness? and at the same time fight terrorism by making the general public more aware of their surroundings and to take things seriously?

Granted it's all interpretation, but it sure does seem like a lot of predictions, both biblical and scientific have been coming around in the past couple years.

Discuss: What are your feelings on the past, present, and events currently unfolding around the world.

Assistant Administrator
    I think maybe we have noticed more of these programs because of events. Tho you may well be right there have been more.

I feel we are somewhat more over a powder keg than a few years ago - mostly for obvious (terroristic) reasons.

I try not to be a ''doom and gloom'' type but confess to a greater sense of unease than once and so like many - a wish to take preparedness more seriously.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links