Man impersonates police officer, robs house..

This is a discussion on Man impersonates police officer, robs house.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure where to put this on but.. "The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man who acted as a police officer ...

Thread: Man impersonates police officer, robs house..

Not sure where to put this on but..

"The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man who acted as a police officer to get into a home and rob the occupants of thousands of dollars and jewelry."

Man impersonates police officer, robs house in West Lake Worth -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

If a police officer knocks on your door, stating "Police" and your refuse if you don't expect the police and it turns out he actually IS a police officer..Can he give you a hard time and charge you with something?

Not that I am aware of. I have been told that if you are unsure, that you should call the police department and ask if he truly is an officer before opening the door.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    You have the right to see his Police ID not just his badge. Know your chief of police or the Sheriff of the County. His name should be on proper ID's. If you know a LEO ask him to show you his ID card and than you will know what it should look like.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Without a warrant...he can do nothing...(without opening the door) ask him if he has one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He never even showed a weapon!
    He better be glad he picked sheep.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Before I got my permit, had a sitution where my appearance was requested before a judge. At 6.30am my phone rings and wakes me up from a dead sleep.The person ids him self as a Decetive from the warrant squad and could I come to the front door. There were a bunch of home invasion on Long Island not near my home but close enough. I get out of bed and go my front bay windows. Ask the oficers to see Id they show their badges. I reply to the Id's to go with the shields. They present them. I can see from the window that they look good enough. I explain that I have small children in the house and I am coming down to the door. Open the door and they step inside with a warrant for my failure to appear. I show them the receipt from the courthouse and they turned around any left. I figured that the BG's would not have taken the time to make NYPD Id cards and well as the fake shields. Always ask to see the ID's. If you get pulled over by a unmarked unit while driving and before unlocking or unrolling your window down all the way there is nothing wrong with asking for a marked unit to arrive on the scene or a quick call to 911 if you are not sure if the LE is the real thing.

Sponsored Links