Asserted my membership priveledges today

This is a discussion on Asserted my membership priveledges today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I received my membership this past week for the local gun club and range access. Today was the perfect day I must say. My ...

Well, I received my membership this past week for the local gun club and range access. Today was the perfect day I must say. My better half decided she wanted to try the G27. IMO, this is not the pistol for a first timer pistol shooter to learn on. Needless to say, she tried, and I ended up shooting the remaining 48 rounds out of 50. Bless her heart for trying anyway. I did some speed draws with the G17 as my choice for the upcoming USPSA match on Saturday, and sighted in my NCStar green laser on the AR. For those of you who want to knock on the door of this being a useless, cheapo, airsoft designed aiming device---go ahead--I know better now, and all I have to say is that it works, it retains it's zero, and it's highly visible in real world daylight conditions. $85 well spent in my opinion, and it's now dead on with my BSA 42mm red dot sight, and the iron sights and zeroed for 100yds. Me happy. Even though my little woman decided against the G27, she really enjoyed shooting the 10/22 and the AR-15 after a little coaxing (recoil is the nemesis right now). She wants to go again on Friday! Enjoy some pics, and if you see a forty round AR-15 magazine in one of the photos, don't be surprised. Realize this was my wife's first time to the range--a real range and not a dirt pile somewhere off-road. I now have a partner that shares the enjoyment with me, and helps pick up brass too! Me? I think it's awesome!
    Lil' mama with the 10/22 rockin' on

The Bushy in all it's glory

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    That pink hat isn't yours is it?

It's nice that your wife is taking an interest in shooting. I'm having the same issues with mine. I'm taking her shooting this Friday. I just got her a Sig 232, and she's actually excited to try it out.

PS. Nice gun!

Looks like you 2 had a good time. I'm envious. Wish I had been able to get to the range sometime in the last several weeks. Work and family stuff take precedence and as such, there's not much time for the range right now. Not much money either..
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

That pink hat isn't yours is it?
    Um-uh--no it isn't. I've been relegated to shooting the pistols at the indoor range over the last eight months or so since I moved south. This range is 3 miles from me today---once the low-water bridge clears of the flow and it quits raining for about a week, it will be a mile and a half for me. How can I not shoot on a beautiful day off now? The club allows a guest from out of town or 50 miles away one time. If anyone happens by my neck of the woods, I'd take you out no problem, just let me know in advance.

It's nice that your wife is taking an interest in shooting. I'm having the same issues with mine. I'm taking her shooting this Friday. I just got her a Sig 232, and she's actually excited to try it out.
    Mine was wanting to try the baby Glock even though I suggested the G17 or G19. The bigger pistols, size, recoil, and sound are the main issues. She didn't want to shoot the AR for the blast at first. I told her that she was experiencing more standing off to the side than she would be behind the rifle. 10 rounds on 8"x10" cardboard @ 25yds with the red dot later she was smiling and proud. One step at a time and well worth it. I love her.

Congrats on have a spouse that shows intrest. My wife still is upset that I keep "guns" in the house. Well happy shooting
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

You Sir, are a lucky man...but be forewarned...

The little lady will be out shooting you in no time...women can do that...so, take it with grace!

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!

Stay armed...practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Looks like you found a great place to shoot! enjoy the range and the time shooting with the girl.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You Sir, are a lucky man...but be forewarned...

The little lady will be out shooting you in no time...women can do that...so, take it with grace!

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!

Stay armed...practice...stay safe!
    Heck my wife has been outshooting me since her 1st shot. when we took our permit class she had the highest score there was. all men except her.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Links