I'd like to ask everyone...

This is a discussion on I'd like to ask everyone... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; to avoid parking in spaces that are reserved for emergency services vehicles and responders. My squad on campus gets back to the parking lot where ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bud White

Thread: I'd like to ask everyone...

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar

I'd like to ask everyone...

to avoid parking in spaces that are reserved for emergency services vehicles and responders.

My squad on campus gets back to the parking lot where the rig is kept, and despite the fact that there are 5 other spots in the lot, 3 of which are empty, someone has parked in the spot marked "no parking, ambulance only." :chairshot :chairshot So I request that dispatch send me an LEO who can authorize a tow...

lucky for the owner of the vehicle, they ran the tags and called her dorm room to give her a chance to come move it. personally, i wish they had just towed it.

anyway, it's a little aggravating to have happen at 0200 in the morning... and i figured i'd post something... although i'm not quite sure why... you guys had nothing to do with it.
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    I agree with you, they should be towed without notice and a hefty fine attached to the tow charges.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I agree with you should have towed it .. just like those people who park in handicap parking spaces with not tas or stickers on there car to park there
    Daishin likes this.

Can't stand people like that - when I drove armored, I could park anywhere, and would always try to block illegally parked vehicle, if possible. All the stupid college who would have thier "ride" jammed into the handicapped spot in front of my client would come out screaming when they found my 13 ton steelmobile blocking them in. Too bad they couldn't do anything about it until I left....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

I've heard an idea pitched before that at the county level, some localities would have a law enforcement officer teach a 2-3 hour seminar. The seminar is open to the public, and anyone who completes it is "deputized" by the sheriff's department to write tickets for illegally parked vehicles. Basically you get a ticket book and you can write tickets but only for illegally parked vehicles. I think that's a great idea and I'd do that in a heart beat.

Senior Moderator
    I never have and never will - it's a shame you have to ask people to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    Can't stand people like that - when I drove armored, I could park anywhere, and would always try to block illegally parked vehicle, if possible. All the stupid college who would have thier "ride" jammed into the handicapped spot in front of my client would come out screaming when they found my 13 ton steelmobile blocking them in. Too bad they couldn't do anything about it until I left....
    Good job! I would love to have seen their faces!

All part of the, "it's not my fault, it's not my responsibility, someone else will take care of it, I'm too important for rules", mentality prevelent in this country these days. Even when people are parked legally half of them take up two spaces because it would take way too much effort to straighten out and park right.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe
    All part of the, "it's not my fault, it's not my responsibility, someone else will take care of it, I'm too important for rules", mentality prevelent in this country these days. Even when people are parked legally half of them take up two spaces because it would take way too much effort to straighten out and park right.
    havegunjoe,

That is so true!

Assistant Administrator
    In a word - selfishness - no, add to that thoughtlessness.

For these folks (can't write the actual designation!) - the world has to revolve around them and them only. They respect little or nothing about others and proceed thru life as if they are always top of the heap.

Makes me think (nasty side of me) - how they'd react if due to them having parked in a reserved space, they or their family could not be reached as quickly when in distress - and someone died because of it - tho even then I daresay they would lump blame on anyone else but themselves.

I have little time, patience or respect for these idiots.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Euc...

I like htat idea, i might have to find out if there is a way that my squad guys can do that in conjunction with the PD on campus. I mean, they hire student ticket writers to do the job anyway...

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Links