The need to train better with the weak hand

This is a discussion on The need to train better with the weak hand within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I've realized why it's important for me to start training with my weak hand more often. I was in a car accident yesterday and ...

Thread: The need to train better with the weak hand

The need to train better with the weak hand

Well, I've realized why it's important for me to start training with my weak hand more often. I was in a car accident yesterday and managed to dislocate my right index finger. I'm thinking shooting is going to be a bit interesting this weekend.

Oh well, I got my funnies for the month out of it. I straightened it myself on the scene and didn't realize the other lady involved in the TC was watching at the time. I think she just about lost her breakfast.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator

Thumbs up

Did you bite down on a bullet before you pulled it straight?

If you simply must be in a car accident then a dislocated finger would be a good injury outcome.

Glad that you're OK and not more seriously hurt.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Look at it as an opportunity. I shoot rather well with my weak hand. I don't practice enough with it though. Good reminder.

You should have HER do it.

"Hey, lady, pull my finger."
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I was just happy to come out of it with the realization that I was dealing with a normal, rational, logical human being. Thankfully she wasn't one of those nuts that goes postal on the other occupants after an accident. I've seen those one's before...especially during rush hour.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I've got to agree with the weak hand practice. I broke my right hand fighting with a mule (the four legged kind) and have been forced to use my left hand. What a pain. I almost wish that I had a left handed holster laying around. Not worth getting one for just another couple of weeks tho. Gun show tomorrow, maybe I'll find one there!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Well glad your werent seriously hurt, good reminder for weak hand training though, thanks
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Lots of stories around about getting dominant hand/arm taken out for various reasons...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Not to dwell on the bad, but pulling a dislocated finger is not always the best idea, tearing ligaments, and further damage is common w/o correct medical care. Might still want to get it checked out esp if you can't seem to bend it correctly.

Glad to hear that is the only injury. Any accident you can walk away from is a blessing.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuqu2 View Post
    Not to dwell on the bad, but pulling a dislocated finger is not always the best idea, tearing ligaments, and further damage is common w/o correct medical care. Might still want to get it checked out esp if you can't seem to bend it correctly.

Glad to hear that is the only injury. Any accident you can walk away from is a blessing.
    Yeah I'm probably going to get it looked at monday just in case. I can still bend it now, it's just stiff and still a wee bit swollen. I've been checking every few hours just to make sure I still had good blood flow and that I still have feeling in the tip of the finger. I'll probably get it looked at anyway just to make sure it isn't broken too or left any spurs in there. I just didn't have the time to deal with it at the time(was already running late and we were being audited for a corp cert).

-The Mist (2007)

Links