Look what I found in Pueblo CO

This is a discussion on Look what I found in Pueblo CO within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Check out my avatar Now the question is...How long until I am asked to change it???...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found in Pueblo CO

Look what I found in Pueblo CO

Check out my avatar

Now the question is...How long until I am asked to change it???
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Where was this posted?? I thought it was going to be an old 1911, a BAR, or some antique weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Check out my avatar

Now the question is...How long until I am asked to change it???
    Uh.............what's your point?

How does one in Pueblo define dangerous weapon? My 1911 tucked into IWB holster is not dangerous in my book.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    How does one in Pueblo define dangerous weapon? My 1911 tucked into IWB holster is not dangerous in my book.
    "Dangerous weapon" has a specific legal meaning in colorado. From the Colorado Revised Statutes:

the term "dangerous weapon" means a firearm silencer, machine gun, short shotgun, short rifle, or ballistic knife.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

1943 - 2009
    From the forum rules:

Avatars must not be in poor taste. Period. A size restriction is set at 125x125 pixels, with a maximum size of 50k.
    Now what makes you think we would consider your avatar to be in "poor taste"? Why do you think we would ask you to change it?

It's just a picture of a sign.

Or are you just trying to stir the pot?

BTW, this thread is not a Concealed Carry Issue, so I moved it to the OT/Humor forum.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

:***:

I think I missed something...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    According to the CRS dangerous weapon means:

Dangerous weapon means a firearm silencer, machine gun, short shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches or overall length less than 26 inches), short rifle (barrel less than 16 inches overall length less than 26 inches) or ballistic knife (knife with a blade that can be ejected from the handle).
    So in Colorado that sign even if on private property does not preclude the carrying of an otherwise legally carried handgun.

I recently took a part time job at Starbucks. More ammunition money. Interestingly, Starbucks policy prohibits the carrying of "dangerous weapons" on the premises by employees, as defined by the laws of the state in which the store or facility is located. Thus, Starbucks corporate policy ALLOWS me to carry a handgun at work under Colorado's definition of dangerous weapon... but I don't think Starbucks knows that, and I'm not planning to mention it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I once was driving up Rt. 85 in Weld County Colorado on my way up to Cheyenne WY a few years ago.
    I witnessed an accident got out to help the victim and left my trucks door open. On the seat was my Glock 23 and a 9mm AR15 SBR.
    The police just asked if those were my firearms and closed the door.
    They didn't care one bit.
    They reason I post that, is because of all the LEO's in Colorado I never met one who were anti gun. let alone an area of Colorado where you couldn't possess "Any and All Weapons".
    That sign is horrible!
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

It was posted at the parking lot entrance of a business near the airport. No, it was not an airline related company. This is the first such sign that I have seen anywhere in Colorado.

Ironically, it is made by Brady United States...No relation

Sorry Captain, I should have posted it in the humor section.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Don't be shy! Tell us the business... Also tell RMGO so they can update their blacklist.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks for the definition Tank! Obviously Starbucks "leadership" didn't research the topic well enough or they just want to be PC.

I've not seen any of those signs in Pueblo except the Law Enforcement buildings. I go the industrial park by the airport a few times each week. I'm not going to change my routine - other than to keep Tank's definition with me!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Let's see if I have this right. According to Colorado law a "firearm silencer" is a dangerous weapon, but the firearm to which it is attached is not. There is something strange about that way of thinking. I am not complaining that Colorado does not include the firearm in it's definition of dangerous weapon; I'm just commenting on the strangeness of the situation.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Let's see if I have this right. According to Colorado law a "firearm silencer" is a dangerous weapon, but the firearm to which it is attached is not. There is something strange about that way of thinking. I am not complaining that Colorado does not include the firearm in it's definition of dangerous weapon; I'm just commenting on the strangeness of the situation.
    Well you could pound a skull into jelly if you could find a silencer big enough and heavy enough -- that could be a very dangerous weapon...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Well you could pound a skull into jelly if you could find a silencer big enough and heavy enough -- that could be a very dangerous weapon...
    True, provided the person you were attacking didn't pull out his Swiss Army Knife and destroy you with the nail file, the cork screw, the screwdriver, the scissors, or the toothpick. The Swiss Army Knife, now there is a really dangerous weapon.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links