Nashville, TN--Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack

Nashville, TN--Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack

This is a discussion on Nashville, TN--Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yet another way McDonald's looks bad: "Woman Severely Beaten By Homeless Man Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack Reported By Cynthia Williams ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville, TN--Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack

VIP Member

Thumbs down Nashville, TN--Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack

Yet another way McDonald's looks bad:

"Woman Severely Beaten By Homeless Man
    Victim Angry At McDonald's For Not Helping After Attack
    Reported By Cynthia Williams

POSTED: 12:46 pm CDT April 22, 2008
    UPDATED: 3:03 pm CDT April 22, 2008

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A woman who was attempting to feed a homeless man on Monday afternoon said she ended up being severely beaten by the man.

Fran Macleran said she went to a Nolensville Road McDonald's restaurant around 3:30 p.m. to get some food for a friend when she was approached by David Craig, a homeless man."

And, from later in the article:

"After the beating, Macleran was able to stumble back to the McDonald's to receive help. However, she said McDonald's wouldn't help her and even locked her out of the restaurant."

Manager cites an unwritten policy of keeping problems outside.

See entire story here:
    Woman Severely Beaten By Homeless Man - News Story - WSMV Nashville

Covered themselves with glory on this one!

I stopped going to micky dees when I found out they support the homosexual life style. Best thing I ever did, health wise and morally speaking. And I don't intend to ever go back. This incident makes that decision look even better.
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

I'm not sure about what's worse at Mickey-D's, the policy of NOT helping those in need, or their food...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I hope she learned a lesson.....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Cynthia Williams -- why is this a news story? This sounds like typical anti-corporate baloney. A woman was irresponsible with her own safety and she paid the price. Kudos to the manager for keeping the domestic dispute away from himself and other innocent people in the restaurant.

If the manager's policy is 'unwritten' then how does it have anything to do with McDonald's anyway? You might as well blame George Bush since it happened on his watch. McDonald's is a restaurant, not a police station.

C'mon people, if you heard two bums screaming and fighting in your front yard, would you let them in or lock the door and call the police?

We should keep the blame where it belongs -- the vicious bum and the d-u-m-b dumb lady.

Macleran said she's known for helping people in need, but now she's also extremely leery of helping anyone again.
    Good....lesson learned.

As for McDonald's, no one from the restaurant would go on camera with Channel 4 or make an official comment.
    Because any comments made would make them look worse.

The unofficial word from a manager is that the employees of the restaurant did the right thing given the fact that no one was certain about what was going on.
    Did the right thing for who? Oh yes....you want our money...that's it.

They said that sometimes split second decisions boil down to judgment calls.
    Really--so people at McDs are hired to make judgments? or hamburgers, fries, and a drink? What is this judgment based on? experience? I didn't know McDs had to deal with life and death decisions every day.

Or is it based on an "unofficial, unwritten policy"?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Cynthia Williams -- why is this a news story? This sounds like typical anti-corporate baloney. A woman was irresponsible with her own safety and she paid the price. Kudos to the manager for keeping the domestic dispute away from himself and other innocent people in the restaurant.

If the manager's policy is 'unwritten' then how does it have anything to do with McDonald's anyway? You might as well blame George Bush since it happened on his watch. McDonald's is a restaurant, not a police station.

C'mon people, if you heard two bums screaming and fighting in your front yard, would you let them in or lock the door and call the police?

We should keep the blame where it belongs -- the vicious bum and the d-u-m-b dumb lady.
    I'm sorry, but I just can't go there. One sees an injured woman coming for help and locks the door? How about letting the woman in, locking the door, and calling an ambulance? I'm reminded of the parable of the Good Samaritan and those who passed by on the other side before he arrived on the scene. I'm afraid we live in different worlds, stanislaskasava...I guess we must agree to disagree on this one.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just can't go there. One sees an injured woman coming for help and locks the door? How about letting the woman in, locking the door, and calling an ambulance? I'm reminded of the parable of the Good Samaritan and those who passed by on the other side before he arrived on the scene. I'm afraid we live in different worlds, stanislaskasava...I guess we must agree to disagree on this one.
    +1, There is way to much "it's not my problem" in the world today.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

+2 Falcon1, I agree with you on this too. What happened to being a good Samaritan? It wouldn't have been any skin off their butt to let her in and call the cops and ambulance for help. If they are going to let a panhandler hang out on their property then I think they have a responsibility to their customers.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Typical... folks, this type of response is all around us. Both those who will not get involved, and those who fall into the BG status. I guess that leaves the Sheepdogs to look out for themselves. Oh yeah, and I guess the sheep too.
    Last edited by Ridgeline; April 22nd, 2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: <sp>
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I read the story differently than you. Since there is no video we can only imagine what actually happened. Call me a skeptic, but I highly doubt that the manager keeps a look out for injured people approaching just so he can sprint to the door and lock them out.

My main point is that the story is designed to trash the McDonald's based only on the words of a woman with proven poor judgement.

Vagrants are like bears. You feed them and come close to them at your peril.

She did something really stupid and expected someone ELSE to endanger themselves to save her.

If my child were a customer at McDonalds and was attacked by one or more combatants that a manager ALLOWED inside when he KNEW they were actively fighting, I would litigate til I owned that store.

Don't.feed.the.vagrants.

--Travis--

Some of the responses in this thread are very strange. The problem does not lie with the person who gives to another with no expectations, that is the good, right, and Samaritan thing to do. Perhaps niave, and exposed herself to danger, but it was the good thing to try nontheless.

The problem lies with the piece of garbage who returned her kindness with violence, and the people who should have extended more Samaritan actions to her in her time of need, shut the door on her for fear of bad publicity attached to their name, and whatever else selfish reason.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint77 View Post
    Some of the responses in this thread are very strange. The problem does not lie with the person who gives to another with no expectations, that is the good, right, and Samaritan thing to do. Perhaps niave, and exposed herself to danger, but it was the good thing to try nontheless.

The problem lies with the piece of garbage who returned her kindness with violence, and the people who should have extended more Samaritan actions to her in her time of need, shut the door on her for fear of bad publicity attached to their name, and whatever else selfish reason.
    +1 Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I couldn't imagine locking a door when someone is in need of help. It could be someones daughter, could be mine. Women sometimes give to diffuse a scary situation. Men have a little more ground to stand on in this kind of situation. Women sometimes feel intimidated and give to end the situation. Basically, she tried to do something nice and was beat for it. She was on Mcdonalds property and they should be liable for it. Just for the simple fact that they refused to assist her. She was taken advantage of by SCUM and them refused help by more SCUM.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links