"Shoots himself in leg"

This is a discussion on "Shoots himself in leg" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Learn to use it! A gun is not a bat you can just swing wildly! Boca Raton-area man fears robber, shoots himself in leg By ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Shoots himself in leg"

"Shoots himself in leg"

Learn to use it! A gun is not a bat you can just swing wildly!

Boca Raton-area man fears robber, shoots himself in leg

By Sonja Isger

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

About 4 a.m. Tuesday there was an accidental shooting at 10546 Lake Vista Circle west of Boca Raton. It appears that a man in the home thought he heard a possible burglar, got out a gun and accidentally shot himself in the leg, Palm Beach County Sheriff's spokesman Paul Miller said Tuesday morning.

2. Remove Ads

This guy needs a SD pistol course, and quickly!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have yet to figure out how you shoot yourself in the leg if you don't point the gun at yourself, or anything you don't want destroyed for that matter.

Sometimes people in their homes and elsewhere may be under the influence of substances that hinder coordination,and if you're not and you shoot yourself you're a danger to innocent bystanders,I believe that to be able to get a chl you be able to prove you can load clear and fire your weapon without needing an instructor to baby you through it,those are the people once they get their plastic never shoot another round til they have to renew it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sometimes people in their homes and elsewhere may be under the influence of substances that hinder coordination,and if you're not and you shoot yourself you're a danger to innocent bystanders,I believe that to be able to get a chl you be able to prove you can load clear and fire your weapon without needing an instructor to baby you through it,those are the people once they get their plastic never shoot another round til they have to renew it
    Ya what he said
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Restless leg syndrome?

Boca Raton...probably old feller w/ more money than sense.

-JT

There you go again wanting to restrict the rights to carry a gun. Many people are totally against any kind of required training to carry a gun but the more I hear of stories like this the more I am convinced that a person should at least be required to prove that they know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of before they can walk down main street carrying a gun. Inside their house is a different story but once they step into the public it becomes my business also.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    There you go again wanting to restrict the rights to carry a gun. Many people are totally against any kind of required training to carry a gun but the more I hear of stories like this the more I am convinced that a person should at least be required to prove that they know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of before they can walk down main street carrying a gun. Inside their house is a different story but once they step into the public it becomes my business also.
    I'm against restricting guns but you should know how to use you're weapon,we don't automatically give somebody a drivers license, they have to show that they can operate a vehicle safely.I was at the gun range the other day and 1 18 yr old with 2 17 yr olds show up to shoot a mosin nagant rifle,range rules say under 18 must be accompanied by somebody 21 or older,I am leaving but tell the RO I will stay and supervise these guys.I instructed them in safe weapons handling,especially muzzle sweep, then they shot,they were having a blast so i pulled out my 22 target pistol and my SA 1911 and let them shoot some handguns instructing them in proper handling and muzzle awareness at all times.These kids IMHO will grow up to be responsible gun owners and not the gang bangers that give kids a bad name.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm against restricting guns but you should know how to use you're weapon,we don't automatically give somebody a drivers license, they have to show that they can operate a vehicle safely.

Yes, but driving is a privilage, owning a gun is a right. I agree that some people are just too ignorant to be handling guns, but there are also people who get a drivers license that are not capable of driving. Proving you know how to handle a weapon will not make you safer.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

yeah my girlfriend's parents have never fired a gun in their life, but they "have one for home protection". it's probably rusted out in the bottom of their closet somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Yes, but driving is a privilage, owning a gun is a right. I agree that some people are just too ignorant to be handling guns, but there are also people who get a drivers license that are not capable of driving. Proving you know how to handle a weapon will not make you safer.
    Please do not get my comments about owning a gun and carrying one confused. If it is in your house I don't care if you know the first thing about it I had a lady in a gun store ask me "Just what is a Glock?" She said her nephew was going to get her one. She said he had given her one gun and she thought he called it a shotgun.

When you step out into the public it becomes a different story. Even the Militia needs to be well trained.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Please do not get my comments about owning a gun and carrying one confused. If it is in your house I don't care if you know the first thing about it I had a lady in a gun store ask me "Just what is a Glock?" She said her nephew was going to get her one. She said he had given her one gun and she thought he called it a shotgun.

When you step out into the public it becomes a different story. Even the Militia needs to be well trained.

I agree that showing some level of proficiancy with a weapon is not out of line to aquire a carry permit. It is not required in Mississippi and that has kept us from getting reciprocity with some states, but I don't like to travel, so that has not really bothered me yet.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I have a simple rule:never point the gun at anything you do not wish to shoot.

I wonder what type of hand gun it was. I wonder if it was a Glock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links