Gun fairy visits... Man finds arsenal in daughter's treehouse

This is a discussion on Gun fairy visits... Man finds arsenal in daughter's treehouse within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NBC2 News Online - Man finds arsenal in daughter's treehouse EAST ENGLEWOOD: A man called deputies Monday night after he found three guns and hundreds ...

Thread: Gun fairy visits... Man finds arsenal in daughter's treehouse

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Gun fairy visits... Man finds arsenal in daughter's treehouse

NBC2 News Online - Man finds arsenal in daughter's treehouse

EAST ENGLEWOOD: A man called deputies Monday night after he found three guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in his 13-year-old daughter's treehouse.

Tom O'Connell built the treehouse in the back yard of his Van Loon Avenue home for his daughter.

"You have to come through here and then this flips up like this. So then you crawl up this ladder and they were laying right here," said O’Connell.

What he discovered inside the treehouse Monday night was anything but child's play.

"I saw a sheet and a bag and I opened the bag up and I looked down and all of a sudden I saw a couple of guns in there," said O’Connell.

"That is a little girl's playhouse. Why would you put guns up in there?" said Sally Hutton, O’Connell’s girlfriend.

That's the mystery the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is trying to solve.

Deputies recovered a pistol, a rifle and a shotgun, along with 343 rounds of .22 caliber rifle ammunition and another bag with 94 9mm bullets.

The 9mm pistol was reported stolen December 7, 2007 from a home on Coliseum Boulevard in Port Charlotte.

Empty cigar containers, two folding knives, a pair of earplugs and an empty Crown Royal liquor bag were also in the bundle.

"The most unusual out there was a sawed off shotgun. This is used in committing major crimes," said Bob Carpenter of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.

"I feel threatened," said O’Connell.

"It's insane. It's insane. That's where she plays," said Hutton.

Deputies say it's lucky O'Connell found the guns, not his daughter or her friends.

"Some kids could have got a hold of this and there could have been a very tragic ending here," said Carpenter.

The sheriff’s office took all of the weapons away. They are fingerprinting each gun, trying to determine who put the guns there and why.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Links