Dealer selling guns at cost to save lives.

This is a discussion on Dealer selling guns at cost to save lives. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gun seller offering discounts to 'save lives' - CNN.com (CNN) -- The owner of a company that sold firearm merchandise to both the Virginia Tech ...

Thread: Dealer selling guns at cost to save lives.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

Gun seller offering discounts to 'save lives' - CNN.com

(CNN) -- The owner of a company that sold firearm merchandise to both the Virginia Tech University and Northern Illinois University shooters announced Wednesday that he will sell his guns at cost for the next two weeks in hopes that "law-abiding" citizens will buy them to prevent similar tragedies.

A gunman killed 32 people in April 2007 at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg.

"I want to help people save lives," Eric Thompson said Thursday. He was to speak Thursday evening at Virginia Tech University at an event sponsored by Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

"I feel like I have a special responsibility to show people what guns are, what the laws are, and to allow people to protect themselves," Thompson said. "Initially, I wanted this to be an offer for college students," he said. "But there's no real way to determine whether someone is a college student ... so we opened it up to any legal American."

Thompson owns TGSCOM Inc, a Green Bay, Wisconsin-based company that operates about 100 Web sites that sell firearms. Among them are Topglock.com: Glock Accessories, Glock Handguns, Glock Barrels, Glock Parts, Glock Sights and Glock Lasers and Buy Guns Online - Guns, Accessories and more, two Web sites that the NIU and Virginia Tech gunmen used to buy firearm merchandise.

Steven Kazmierczak, who killed five students before turning the gun on himself at NIU on February 14, bought two Glock 9 mm magazines and a Glock holster from Topglock.com: Glock Accessories, Glock Handguns, Glock Barrels, Glock Parts, Glock Sights and Glock Lasers.

And Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho bought a Walther P22 from Buy Guns Online - Guns, Accessories and more.

Cho killed 32 students and professors before killing himself April 16, 2007.

Thompson said he has a "really emotional and raw feeling" about having links to the attacks. "I feel absolutely terrible for the parents, students and schools."

However, he added, "I'm selling a piece of plastic and a piece of metal ... and I think the media focuses on something different. ... I think they should focus on the murderer and not the weapon."

Thompson acknowledged that his guns could again be used in a crime.

"There's a small chance of these discounted guns getting into the hands of the wrong people," he said. But, he added, "as a federally licensed gun dealer, we have to rely on federal background checks."

He emphasized that he thinks he is doing the right thing. "This isn't fun, and this isn't easy," he said. "I could have easily stuck my head in the sand and ignored all of this, but sometimes the easy way to go is not the right thing to do."

He said, "I'm not making a single dime off of this. ... I will probably end up losing thousands and thousands [of dollars]."

Furthermore, he added, he and his family have received threatening phone calls; some included death threats.

"I do not feel I have extreme views," he said. "I think I have open eyes."

NIU did not immediately issue a response to Thompson's offer.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker issued a statement regarding Thompson's appearance there Thursday.

"Free speech is a hallmark of university life," he said. "Still, I find it terribly offensive to learn that the gun-seller of the weapons used in the Virginia Tech campus murders would set foot on this campus."

The statement did not address Thompson's offer, and the school did not immediately reply to a request for a response.
    If you're in the market for a new gun, you might want to check here first.

How hypocritical of the anti's to issue death threats.

I think better than that, he should have had some LEO's or Certified Instructors provided to participate in some type of ccw class for the the students. Thus promoting gun safety education for those who don't understand and taking the mystery away from the right of self protection.

Not sure if I said that right, but you get the point.
    Freemason 1988
    Colt 1911
    Browning
    Springfield
    North American Arms
    N.R.A.

note to self look there next week for gear for my new rifle. while im at it maybe some ammo and gear for my not so new weapons.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

This is already running, sorta...it's an addition, anyway.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-discount.html

ETA: Thanks for the post...this really does add quite a bit to the other story.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    This is the same company that doesn't ship to APOs... It'd be nice to buy something from them if the price is right, but they won't ship anything to me anyway.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

FWIW at Topglock I priced a G19 OD green( $40 cheaper) $459 + 39.90 shipping. Everything is backordered.

They should be nominated for a Consumers' Choice Award...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can get a Glock anytime, any form for $459 regular price with two hi-cap mags in the box. You honestly can't tell me whoever it is that has what on sale or closeout aint rollin' something over on you. You forget---the only ones who can claim they are the number one lowest price seller on the vast internet or community know the market, supply, and demand. What you really need to know--(and just take a look back at 9-11 and the small time gas stations. Everyone wants to further themselves. They exist day to day in order to further themselves. Every day they suck air means they are preying among their own citizens in order to make their living more comfortable. Don't be misled with 'deals', closeouts, bargains, or favoritism-----they are still going to make money and that's the jest of it. To believe anything else would be kidding yourself. C'est la vie!

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Sponsored Links