What do you do when?

What do you do when?

This is a discussion on What do you do when? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; what does everyone do when the ever so lovely Mormons or Johavah's show up on your door step? I swear no matter what, the mormon's ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when?

What do you do when?

what does everyone do when the ever so lovely Mormons or Johavah's show up on your door step? I swear no matter what, the mormon's won't take no as an answer from me when I'm polite with them. I tell them politely im not interested, at this point in time I have made up my decisions.

I'm not polite...If I am feeling talkative I will yell about them disturbing my day, if I'm not, I will shut the door...seems to get the point across.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I just start cleaning my AR, with my USP40 sitting on the table in front of me. I normally see them well before they get to my house because I stay out in the the yard. I get my cleaning supplies out and clean my AR right there in the yard.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I don't answer the door.

As soon as i see who they are i say no thanks and shut the door
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    I let my dogs answer the door.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    "I am sorry. I believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God, came to die for our sins, died on the cross and was resurrected. You don't. We are done. Thank you, but enjoy your time in Hell."

That usually gets rid of them.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I just don't answer the door and let my dog bark at 'em. He's not a particularly mean dog...or very smart...but he's got a mean bark.

Not a religious person at all. I don't bother with organized religion in a typical gathering, I sure ain't gonna deal with it door-to-door.

-JT

Lead Moderator
    I just say "not interested " and close the door.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Once the JW's showed up here at the house, my wife answered the door, and they went right into their spiel, and wanted to give her some of their Watchtowers. My wife told them to wait just a minute, and she went back in our house, got some of our churches (not JW) printed material and went back outside. She told them I'll take your material if you'll take mine.....we can trade.
    She said they nearly ran backwards, trying to keep the "offending" material from even touching them. They refused to take it, apparently word spread, and they've never been back here.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    I never answer the door without a gun. But I don't have a great means of looking out my door to see who it is and as we do have friends who stop over from time to time not answering the door could mean missing an opportunity to fellowship with good friends.

I answer the door with my gun in my hand behind the door or door-frame so that if it's forced open the first thing the intruder gets is a muzzle up the nose.

Last time they came over they wanted to come in and talk to me. I said "No."

They wanted to give me pamphlets and I said, "No, thank you."

They invited me to one of their meetings, I said, "Thank you," and shut the door.

No need to be rude, just politely get rid of them as fast as possible.

DC Founder
    We don't really have problems with JW since we moved to Arizona, but we get a couple of visits per year from the Mormons. Since three of the six houses on our culdesac are Mormons it is often also a neighbor. They have come to accept that we have no interest in "changing over" but continue to want to visit. They are good people, in general, and good neighbors. Many I have run into don't have a problem with gun ownership. They are generally very conservative, as a group.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    My doorbell plays 'The Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden. They usually leave after a minute at most.
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I was nice to them one time,that did not work.Now I say no thanks,if they say anything but ok,I tell them to leave and I slam the door.I believe in freedom of religion,but these two groups get very pushy.It is your property and your time.You do not owe them anything.

Maybe next time I will educate them on the finer points of the castle doctrine.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links