Illinois Man Charged With 1st Degree Flashlight Murder: MERGED

This is a discussion on Illinois Man Charged With 1st Degree Flashlight Murder: MERGED within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; RUSHVILLE, Ill. A 38-year-old Rushville man is being held on $1 million bond after being accused of using a flashlight to beat a Mount ...

Thread: Illinois Man Charged With 1st Degree Flashlight Murder: MERGED

Illinois Man Charged With 1st Degree Flashlight Murder: MERGED

RUSHVILLE, Ill. A 38-year-old Rushville man is being held on $1 million bond after being accused of using a flashlight to beat a Mount Sterling man to death.

The Schuyler County sheriff's department says Jeff Crabtree is charged with first-degree murder, home invasion and aggravated battery.

A woman called authorities early Friday and said someone had broken into her house. Sheriff's deputies found 31-year-old Chris Curry severely beaten on his head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The woman who reported the crime had several facial injuries but was conscious.

There is no listed telephone number for Crabtree in Rushville. Sheriff's deputies said Monday they did not know if he had been assigned an attorney.
    If only they had a gun.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Must have been one of those evil black flashlights. I can just see now a movement to ban flashlights. That will keep everyone in the dark for sure.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I thinking a foam covering on the flashlight........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Illinois Flashlight Murder

FOXNews.com - Illinois Man Charged With 1st Degree Flashlight Murder - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

RUSHVILLE, Ill. A 38-year-old Rushville man is being held on $1 million bond after being accused of using a flashlight to beat a Mount Sterling man to death.

The Schuyler County sheriff's department says Jeff Crabtree is charged with first-degree murder, home invasion and aggravated battery.

A woman called authorities early Friday and said someone had broken into her house. Sheriff's deputies found 31-year-old Chris Curry severely beaten on his head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The woman who reported the crime had several facial injuries but was conscious.

There is no listed telephone number for Crabtree in Rushville. Sheriff's deputies said Monday they did not know if he had been assigned an attorney.

Criminals will use anything to do their deeds.

Hopfully he will get his share of flashlights in prison!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    We must ban all assault flashlights & all easily concealed ones as well!....If it just saves one life......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    We must ban all assault flashlights & all easily concealed ones as well!....If it just saves one life......
    Maybe we should register them first, and have serial numbers on the batteries so we can trace them, and have flashlight free zones where people can gather knowing flashlights aren't allowed. Of course, the police and military would still have flashlights.

You can have my flashlight when you pry it from my cold dead fingers,seriously if they had been armed flashlight guy would probably be where he is instead,this goes to show you don't need a gun to kill unarmed people,you take away the ability to defend yourself and you just become potential victims
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Must have been one of those evil black flashlights. I can just see now a movement to ban flashlights. That will keep everyone in the dark for sure.
    Especially the Big, Evil, Black Maglights!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Especially the Big, Evil, Black Maglights!
    Hey, those are super powered Magnum lights with high capacity battery tubes and adjustable beam.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Yes things are going to get bad.

First it will be the evil black Maglights.

Then high capacity flashlights. I am sure in California you will not be able to buy a flashlight that uses more than 2 batteries.

Let's not forget that if you shine a flashlight in someone's eyes, you can blind them, so you will be required to have lens covers sold with all new flashlights.

And how about the cop killer lithium batteries that are so small that you can hide them in your pocket.

Saturday night special AAA batteries will be next.

I understand the new LED lights can pass through airport metal detectors undetected.

Perhaps we can get the NRA to get a Second Amendment test case to rule on flashlights.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

The evil black flashlight made no sound...it must have had an unregistered 'silencer' on it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links