Held captive for 24 years

This is a discussion on Held captive for 24 years within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Austrian kids locked in basement, never saw sunlight - Yahoo! News Don't know if this is running yet. A quick break down of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Held captive for 24 years

Held captive for 24 years

Police: Austrian kids locked in basement, never saw sunlight - Yahoo! News

Don't know if this is running yet.

A quick break down of the story is that an Austrian man has been holding his daughter captive, in the basement, for 24 years. After impregnating her several times, some of their children were also held there.

These kids and their mother will never be normal, if even functional.

This is so messed up, I don't even know what to say.
    Better to die quick, fighting on your feet;
    Than to live forever, begging on your knees.

2. Remove Ads

I saw that this morning. One of the children he fathered with his daughter is in critical but stable condition. I believe there is a place in Hell waiting for this Scumbag.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

wow
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Senior Moderator
    Saw this yesterday.

The five year old has a chance, maybe even the 19 y/o, 18 y/o with proper care can bounce back, but their mother is probably going to have a VERY hard time readjusting to life after 24 years of captivity and abuse, if she ever readjusts at all.

I don't even want to imagine it.

A single traumatic event that only took place over the course of days or hours can leave a human being scared for life.

24 years? My heart goes out to her and her children.

I find i very disturbing that he only faces 15 yrs for 24 years of imprisonment and rape. That's just his daughter. Shouldn't he also be guilty of kidnapping the offspring of all this? 3 of them never have seen the sun.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I find i very disturbing that he only faces 15 yrs for 24 years of imprisonment and rape. That's just his daughter. Shouldn't he also be guilty of kidnapping the offspring of all this? 3 of them never have seen the sun.
    In another news article I read yesterday they are trying to also get him on "murder by inaction" for the death of the infant that he incinerated after it's death but it doesn't look like it will stick because they have no cause of death or body anymore.

I agree with you though. What about wrongful imprisonment? Kidnapping? Child endangerment? Child abuse? Criminal negligence?

I guess Austrian law is a little more lax on this stuff than the US.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    I have an idea..........you know the slicing machines they use to cut cold cuts? Well.....if we could make one just a little bigger...........
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    As for the sicko's wife recovering from this... Well, this may be making judgments from afar, but I can't imagine she was too nromal to begin with. This had to be some kind of domineering control freak in all his relationships; the possibility that his wife was anything other than a wishy-washy willing sheep seems rather remote to me. There has to have been some sort of actual choice on her part (not specifically a conscious choice, I suppose, but there nonetheless) to ignore her husband's behavior for two-and-a-half decades.

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Bound tightly and tossed to the gators...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I cannot believe that the wife does not have some culpability here; I saw a video of him this morning vacationing in some tropical locale getting a massage; where was the kid? locked up probably. Where was the wife? who knows, but if he was away, I simply can't believe that the mother did not hear something emanating from the basement, knocking or otherwise.

As previous posters have said, there is a place waiting for this individual....

Personally, it makes me think of the old movie "the exterminator" with Michael Ginty. the scene was the one where he took the mobster and lowered him into the meat grinder at the rendering plant, where the rats were found feeding upon the remains the next morning.....

Fitting justice I say...
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I'd lock him in a completely dark, windoless cell for the combined number of years that each person spent locked up in his basement. Feed him gruel through a slot, without providing any bathroom. Let him suffer in his own waste without being allowed to see light or communicate with anyone.
    Better to die quick, fighting on your feet;
    Than to live forever, begging on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Spenser View Post
    I'd lock him in a completely dark, windoless cell for the combined number of years that each person spent locked up in his basement. Feed him gruel through a slot, without providing any bathroom. Let him suffer in his own waste without being allowed to see light or communicate with anyone.
    Only problem with these kinds of torture concepts is that he'd probably die either from disease or heart attack faster. What they really need to do is...(hope no one has had dinner yet)...dinner safely tucked away...read on...

Pull his fingernails, then toenails, then break every finger and toe at each joint, rack him and unrack him daily and repeat entire process for as many years as it takes until he's died of natural causes/old age. The entire time he needs to be monitored by physicians to make sure he doesn't die early. If it appears he's going to go out early, every effort should be made to revive him so proper torture techniques can resume. It must be made so that even Hell itself is a respite.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Torture is still too good for this.

SICK

Anybody want to donate a few .22 shells and do IT slowly??
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

IIRC, Hitler was born Austrian. Smells like a family resemblance.

The only possible justification for this would be if the parents had found that li'l Johnnie had dressed up as a terrorist for Halloween. (Am joking, of course.) But even then, what an unconscionable thing to do to a child.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ccw9mm; May 4th, 2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links