I love it when a plan comes together

I love it when a plan comes together

This is a discussion on I love it when a plan comes together within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I now have a small, but dedicated shooting group at work now. Three of us plus my brother in law went to the range ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: I love it when a plan comes together

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,365

    Talking I love it when a plan comes together

    So I now have a small, but dedicated shooting group at work now. Three of us plus my brother in law went to the range last night. We've all agreed we need to make this at least an every other week event.

    The even better part is that one of the women in the office that I've been working on for a while now seems to want in on the fun. That should make a nice addition to the group. Total corporate domination is what we're going for...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,233
    Nice!

    And I love the A-Team reference. Awesome.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array BigEFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    And I love the A-Team reference. Awesome.
    And I thought I was the only one who recognized it.

    Good luck. Keep up the good work!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

    "Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20,330
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    And I thought I was the only one who recognized it.

    Good luck. Keep up the good work!
    No way... we are a cultured group here. Everybody certainly knows all about the A-Team.


    FOOL, I aint getting on no plane!
    "Just blame Sixto"

  5. #5
    New Member Array GovtMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Middle Ga
    Posts
    10
    That's great! I've tried and tried to coordinate the same thing at work but my plan hasn't come together. I'm afraid if I keep pushing for it, they're going to think I'm some kind of psycho!

    Speaking of the A-Team, everyone that ever appeared on that show could really use some range time. Did they ever hit ANYTHING they were aiming at???

  6. #6
    Member Array BENZIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    gainesville FL
    Posts
    151
    I hvent see nthe A team

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array sgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by GovtMule View Post
    That's great! I've tried and tried to coordinate the same thing at work but my plan hasn't come together. I'm afraid if I keep pushing for it, they're going to think I'm some kind of psycho!

    Speaking of the A-Team, everyone that ever appeared on that show could really use some range time. Did they ever hit ANYTHING they were aiming at???
    I used to wonder why they never hit anything too, until I got my hands on their weapon of choice, the Mini-14. One trip to the range explained it for me.

    Seriously though, I seem to remeber seeing an interview with Steven Cannell and he asid that it was on purpose that no one was ever shot or killed on the show. He named some other shows that fell in the same category.

    Way to go with the shooting group. I have a bunch interested at law school too, but we're all to darn busy to go. Maybe after finals are over???
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

  8. #8
    Member Array 2AMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    236
    lucky for all of you who never saw The A-Team, the first few seasons can now be watched online courtesy of NBC!!
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."


    "SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

  9. #9
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    15,126
    A little story that started with a few guys at work...

    Back many moons ago, when you could tell the difference between men and women without having to argue about it... several of us at work got together and worked out an agreement with the local police to use their range on Thursday night after 6 o'clock.

    It started like yours did. We had such a great time that we started doing it every Thursday. The word got around and more and more people started joining in, soon we had over 20 shooters. We would shoot some bullseye, some PPC and even started our own "Hogans Alley".

    Eventually it continued to grow. Around 1990, we got a new police chief (Yankee) that decided it was too much of a liability for us to use the range when one of his officers shot himself in the leg. Thats right, we got kicked off the range because a cop shot himself while trying to qualify.

    So, there were enough of us by then that we leased some farmland and made our own range just a few miles down the road. We built some covered shooting platforms and still enjoyed shooting. We became big enough that we incorporated, formed a non-profit company,got NRA range insurance, and started collecting dues, that we turned back into the range. Eventually, we bought 40 acres out in the boonies and started from scratch.Sine then we bought another 45 which joins it. We are now one on the best private ranges in the state, and currently have over 500 members. We can keep our dues low...50 bucks a year, because we do CHL classes every couple of months, or whenever the situation dictates. All of the the time by the instructors is donated,all of us are NRA Instructors and certified by the State Police, and a typical class will net about 2500 bucks that goes straight into the kitty.

    So far this year, the month of February netted 2550, March netted over 4000, and April netted 2800, and this does not include the cost of doing requals, which typically is worth around 400-500 hundred a month. Every bit of the money is turned back into the range for improvements and I just found out that we help more people get their CHL's than any other group in the state. We are big enough and have enough political clout that even the state government is starting to take notice.





    And it all started when a few good ole boys got together and started shooting...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Member Array rmarcustrucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Twinsburg, Ohio
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by BENZIN View Post
    I hvent see nthe A team
    I pitty the foool that don't know the A-Team!

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarcustrucker View Post
    I pitty the foool that don't know the A-Team!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array NYcarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    517
    Great story HotGuns!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array Rmac58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hopewell, Va
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    A little story that started with a few guys at work...

    Back many moons ago, when you could tell the difference between men and women without having to argue about it... several of us at work got together and worked out an agreement with the local police to use their range on Thursday night after 6 o'clock.

    It started like yours did. We had such a great time that we started doing it every Thursday. The word got around and more and more people started joining in, soon we had over 20 shooters. We would shoot some bullseye, some PPC and even started our own "Hogans Alley".

    Eventually it continued to grow. Around 1990, we got a new police chief (Yankee) that decided it was too much of a liability for us to use the range when one of his officers shot himself in the leg. Thats right, we got kicked off the range because a cop shot himself while trying to qualify.

    So, there were enough of us by then that we leased some farmland and made our own range just a few miles down the road. We built some covered shooting platforms and still enjoyed shooting. We became big enough that we incorporated, formed a non-profit company,got NRA range insurance, and started collecting dues, that we turned back into the range. Eventually, we bought 40 acres out in the boonies and started from scratch.Sine then we bought another 45 which joins it. We are now one on the best private ranges in the state, and currently have over 500 members. We can keep our dues low...50 bucks a year, because we do CHL classes every couple of months, or whenever the situation dictates. All of the the time by the instructors is donated,all of us are NRA Instructors and certified by the State Police, and a typical class will net about 2500 bucks that goes straight into the kitty.

    So far this year, the month of February netted 2550, March netted over 4000, and April netted 2800, and this does not include the cost of doing requals, which typically is worth around 400-500 hundred a month. Every bit of the money is turned back into the range for improvements and I just found out that we help more people get their CHL's than any other group in the state. We are big enough and have enough political clout that even the state government is starting to take notice.





    And it all started when a few good ole boys got together and started shooting...
    COOL!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    993
    Back many moons ago, when you could tell the difference between men and women without having to argue about it...

    You didn't come through Flagstaff did you? Can't tell the difference here without the Crocodile Dundee test.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

    -- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array briansmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    688
    can't help but continue the off topic vector....



    i'd love it if hollywood did a a team movie.... so many good actors out there- michael clark duncan would be great in BA Baracus role, bruce willis as the colonel, maybe, alot of easy casting for all those roles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What is your Zombie Plan
    By burton62 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
  2. Plan B
    By fernset in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
  3. Finally! I love it when a plan comes together...
    By matt8185 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 7th, 2008, 04:52 PM
  4. Plan B?
    By Brian@ITC in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 13th, 2008, 11:02 AM
  5. What goes into a family plan?
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM