Community Security NINJA

This is a discussion on Community Security NINJA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have finally seen it all today. I live in a private community in Pennsylvania. Due to the overwhelming jerks that come up to our ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Security NINJA

Community Security NINJA

I have finally seen it all today. I live in a private community in Pennsylvania. Due to the overwhelming jerks that come up to our community on weekends to ski, our insightful community manager decided it would be best to arm our security guards. Now here is the scenario:
    We have two guards working at all times one of them is in an unmarked car with moving mode radar. Later I found out that this car is an old throw away from the Pa state police.
    The second unit is marked for car stops.

Now here is the fun part. The security detail is broken into ranks; chief on down to corporal. The Sgt. is on radar detail. I swear to Christ this little buff was on the radio non-stop all damn day, calling out radio codes that I have never even heard of. The speed in the community is 25 mph, he was chasing cars down for 29 or more mph. I think he likes to hear himself talk over the radio. Now a few hours into it I go to the lodge to get something to eat, and who walks in? Sgt buffie. This guy had on more keepers than I could count. Black bdu's, an asp baton, Tazer, Glock, handcuffs the works. Buffing can be healthy once in a while but I have to say where can the line be drawn? Thoughts?
    As I walked out I practically laughed in his face.
    One more step and it's on!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    You know how gals fall for a guy in a well decorated uniform.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Does he go by the internet name "Gecko45"?

Administrator
    Its to be expected from these types.
    "Just blame Sixto"

FWIW, if they haven't already done so, I'd highly suggest that the community consult an attorney that might be able to provide some insight as to potential liability issues should Sgt York or one of his compatriots go off the deep end......

There's a reason that most security guards are unarmed, and it has little to do with the perceived level of threat......

As I walked out I practically laughed in his face.
    I have before,you get these guys dressing like swat and trying to play tough guy and you can spot them a mile away they're not looking fer BG's they're looking to see how much attention they are getting,most have applications in at every police dept. in a thousand miles and never get past the written test.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Does he have a leather belt pouch for his 'bullet'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    ...Due to the overwhelming jerks that come up to our community on weekends to ski...
    Off topic, but I assume your talking about tourists, who are bringing money into your community. The people helping not only your property to rise in value, but probably making good money for “mom and pop” gear rental, c-stores, restaurants, pubs, and ski resorts themselves. What would happen if the jerks stopped coming?

Rent-a-cops are rent-a-cops, nothing but a joke.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    Off topic, but I assume your talking about tourists, who are bringing money into your community. The people helping not only your property to rise in value, but probably making good money for “mom and pop” gear rental, c-stores, restaurants, pubs, and ski resorts themselves. What would happen if the jerks stopped coming?
    I see you live in a semi tourist stop/big city. Try living in a small tourist stop of indigenous population of 50k or less, that jumps to 250k when the season starts. Idiots amungus, fearous abundus.

1. Texans (in general) can not negotiate mountain/canyon corners at speeds greater than 20mph.
    2. There is evidently no requirement for IL vehicles to have functioning lights on the rear of the vehicle (brake, turn, running...)
    3. City people in the country/woods are a scary thing, have no sense of direction, and it is a giant petting zoo.
    4. Common sense and courtesy get left behind at their state line.
    5. If you can not see the last car in line behind you, and it is open road in front of you, you are the traffic obstruction, get the out of the way.
    6. Yes it is a deer, no they do not turn into elk.
    7. Parents are vacationing, their problem children are running amok.

Yes, rent a cops are a joke, and I rank them right below the parked police car with a manikin in the drivers seat, and slightly above the thug or gang bangers out hunting for their next paycheck.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post

Yes, rent a cops are a joke, and I rank them right below the parked police car with a manikin in the drivers seat, and slightly above the thug or gang bangers out hunting for their next paycheck.
    Sorry, I'll disagree.

There are bad security guards out there just as there are bad cops, firefighters, retail sales people, business professionals, et. al.
    For the most part though, they provide a significant value to those they serve. If that weren't the case, the private security industry wouldn't be the $40 billion a year industry that it is in this country.....

It's the responsibility of the client to set guidelines for the security teams on their property. It might be worthwhile to ask what guidance and direction has been provided from your association to the security company. Sounds like there may be some opportunity there.....

Disclaimer..... I'm not associated with the private security industry in any way, shape, or form.

I don't know why but you are correct on this. So many people seem to feel that when the go on vacation they are now immune from laws or safety and it is all one big party. I really can't believe that they act the same way when at home. Yes tourism pumps a lot of money into the economy but also an inordinate amount of problems.

But back to the OP. There's always one if every crowd and maybe it was just his turn to be that one.

great deterrence but essentially just a paid witness IMO

I see you live in a semi tourist stop/big city. Try living in a small tourist stop of indigenous population of 50k or less, that jumps to 250k when the season starts. Idiots amungus, fearous abundus.

1. Texans (in general) can not negotiate mountain/canyon corners at speeds greater than 20mph.
    2. There is evidently no requirement for IL vehicles to have functioning lights on the rear of the vehicle (brake, turn, running...)
    3. City people in the country/woods are a scary thing, have no sense of direction, and it is a giant petting zoo.
    5. If you can not see the last car in line behind you, and it is open road in front of you, you are the traffic obstruction, get the out of the way.

I can certainly agree with #1 - My nephew's wife rolled their Suburban off a mountainside while they were on a ski trip up your way.

(She was not hurt, thank goodness)

Not all rent a cops are a joke. Don't forget the "off duty" lady rentacop in Fort Worth who smoked that "church" killer a few months ago.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar

A common bumper sticker in Northern AZ is: If it's tourist season, how come we can't shoot'em?
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Administrator
    Whats a security guard doing making traffic stops? Also, if rank goes from Chief to Corporal, whats the point in having a corporal rank at all?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links