New Self-Defense Weapon

New Self-Defense Weapon

This is a discussion on New Self-Defense Weapon within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened elsewhere in my county: Daily Freeman - Woman wielding Big Wheel breaks up fight after shotgun blast proves ineffective KINGSTON - A shotgun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Self-Defense Weapon

New Self-Defense Weapon

This happened elsewhere in my county:

Daily Freeman - Woman wielding Big Wheel breaks up fight after shotgun blast proves ineffective

KINGSTON - A shotgun blast couldn't stop two men from fighting on a city porch Friday morning.

But a plastic Big Wheel did the trick.

Detrell Pittman, 28, of 209 Foxhall Ave., Kingston, and Jonathan Stevens, 34, of 143 Colonial Place, Kingston, wound up being charged with criminal trespass, a misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct, a violation, after the predawn incident, according to Detective Lt. Timothy Matthews of the city police department.

Matthews said the two men got into a fight about 3:25 a.m. near 202 Foxhall Ave. and that the scuffle ultimately moved to the porch of the residence.

Matthews said a resident of the home, thinking the two men were trying to break in, came outside carrying a shotgun. And when the man incorrectly thought one of the combatants had a knife and was about to use it, he fired a shotgun blast into the air in an attempt to scare the men, Matthews said.

But the two kept fighting.

Moments later, Matthews said, a woman showed up at the scene and whacked the two men with a plastic Big Wheel riding toy, and the fight stopped.

Police arrived a short time later and took Pittman and Stevens into custody.

The man with the shotgun and the woman with the Big Wheel were not charged, and police did not release their names.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

haha sounds like something out of the 3 stooges!

VIP Member
    Didn't know they still made big wheels. When my oldest son (37 now) was young (about 5 or 6) they were the big rage for kids. Every kid in the neighborhood had one and they would spend most of the day racing on them. Of course that was in the days when kids went outside and played instead of being glued to a vidoe game machine.

"Big wheel keeps on rollin', rollin'...", hey those would make a great song lyrics...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Did she have a permit for that Big Wheel? Not sure I'd want to live in a country where just anyone can walk around in public with a Big Wheel......I think I'll write my legislator.

Senior Moderator
    Wow... I too remember when all the little kids had bigwheels. They would cruise around the neighborhood together,several of them and it wasnt unusual to see a dozen or so parked in someones front yard.

Back then, there were no fat kids.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nlax2011 View Post
    Did she have a permit for that Big Wheel? Not sure I'd want to live in a country where just anyone can walk around in public with a Big Wheel......I think I'll write my legislator.
    Not sure if you can get a CCW for that. It would be kind of hard to conceal !
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    I have my man working on a holster for that thing........I'll let you know if it prints.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

My big wheel had a brake of one side so when you pulled the brake you would spin out. They also made the Big Mean Green Machine. Blast from the past!! How does that saying go " When they outlaw Big Wheels only outlaws wil have Big Wheels? !!

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    I have my man working on a holster for that thing........I'll let you know if it prints.

Only if you're not Fat Albert (hey, hey, hey, hey)
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    My big wheel had a brake of one side so when you pulled the brake you would spin out. They also made the Big Mean Green Machine. Blast from the past!! How does that saying go " When they outlaw Big Wheels only outlaws wil have Big Wheels? !!

Big wheel's, Green machine's, and the Blue max. I had a big wheel and a blue max. Man those were fun.

OK, Here's The Holster!

This should work just fine for CCBW (Carry Concealed Big Wheel)
    Attached Images
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Moderator
    I rode my big wheel so much that the plastic tires had holes in them. The brake was really cool.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

i got ran over with a BW growing up. Not sure if it was a .357 or .45 though. It hurt.

Senior Moderator
    I knew a kid that spun out so much that he wore a flat spot on his front tire.

You could hear him coming from a ways off...
    ka-chunk,ka-chunk,ka chunk....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links