Sage Advice/Never talk to the police :MERGED

This is a discussion on Sage Advice/Never talk to the police :MERGED within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope you are not insinuating I am an internet commando. P.P.P.P.P.P. cause if you are, I'm totally not being your friend on myspace....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sage Advice/Never talk to the police :MERGED

I hope you are not insinuating I am an internet commando. P.P.P.P.P.P.

cause if you are, I'm totally not being your friend on myspace.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mark00020 View Post
    I wasn't calling anyone an internet commando.

I was using the martial art example as an analogy of complexity under stress being someone's downfall when a simple response would have produced a much more satisfactory result.

For instance, the printer won't work.

Some people would check to see if the internal circuitry is working by breaking out a volt meter.

Others would check the building's fuse box.

Some might even check to see if the printer is plugged into the wall or the computer...

But did anyone bother to turn the printer on?

Get the point?

cause if you are, I'm totally not being your friend on myspace.
    I am one of the last remaining people on earth without a myspace page.

I intend to keep it that way until it is illegal not to have one.

sorry, I was trying to be funny. I guess tone doesn't come through, or I'm just not that funny.

and just to catch up, no, I don't really get what your saying. Printers and martial arts references are going over my head... lets keep it simple for dumb jarheads like myself.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    When people type out these convoluted ideas of what they would say after a use of force situation and how they would say it, it reminds me of people who talk about how their uber secret martial art with flashy complex moves can destroy any opponent...
    Think what you will , as i am by no means a ninja unless its the super secret ability to eat steak involved lol . I am guilty of making a long convoluted post to try and boil down what i have experienced and learned fit all states . If anyone thinks i am any kind of commando they are free to disregard anything i may post and carry on smartly lol . Really this is a complex issue that cannot and will not be sorted out here . If you have to shoot someone you will find that in some segments you are wrong no matter what , in some you are right no matter what . In the laws eyes you just killed/wounded someone . Think about that a minute . You did it , and further more you admit to it . With that in mind keep faith in the powers of angels , or conversely talk thro an attny .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Redneck I disagree. You do not need to say anything about, “For instance who …. the VCA is …. , how he/she is armed” and especially, “just why you felt that presentation of your firearm and or actually firing rounds was necessary ( Officer the party attempted to rob me at gunpoint saying your dead mofo he is laying behind that dumpster , you can see his pistol from here on the pavement .” In fact you may very well be putting yourself in jeopardy if you do so.

I would say something like, “you know officer I really want to help you but I want a lawyer present before any questioning. I do not consent to a search of my person or property; do any tests, lineups, or any other I.D. procedures. I do not waive any of my Constitutional rights.” It will be too late to ask for an attorney and expect them to undo what your mouth has done.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

sorry, I was trying to be funny. I guess tone doesn't come through, or I'm just not that funny.

and just to catch up, no, I don't really get what your saying. Printers and martial arts references are going over my head... lets keep it simple for dumb jarheads like myself.
    Fine.

Do not attempt to overly complicate a situation.

Ask for counsel, then be silent till it arrives.

You can't unsay anything, so don't say anything, because anything you say can and will be used against you.

Got it?

Yep. You agree with me. I get that.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I carry this card in my wallet which would either be read or handed to LE depending on my ability to speak because of wounds or nerves.

If I have given this to you, it has been necessary to take actions to defend innocent life. I am willing to sign a criminal complaint against the perpetrators. I will point out witnesses and evidence.

As you may have experienced yourself, this is a stressful and traumatic experience for me. Therefore, I wish to make no further statements until I have contacted an attorney and composed myself. I also do not consent to any searches. I will cooperate fully once I have consulted with an attorney and calmed down. As a lawfully armed citizen, I ask for the same courtesy that you would show a fellow officer who was involved in a similar situation. Thank you for your understanding.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Didn't we go over this in this thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...neys-cops.html

Didn't several attorneys and police officers tell you that card was a bad idea?

Can I ask why you insist on going down that course of action regardless of all the advice given against it?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    havegunjoe That is fine l dont profess to speak from a mount on high , or for that matter even an anthill . I just share my experiences and thoughts which are worth exactly what it costs to read them . For myself if i am again involved in a dust up i will do as i have posted . It works for me and my attorney . You and your attorney may well have a different take on the issue and that is after all why we have courts , to sort out the different takes on life . Only court will sort out the different takes and then only in that courts jurisdiction . CCW like raising children is one of lifes little areas where the test is given without a manual but everyone is free to second guess with 20/20 hind sight .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post

On this forum, but not it this thread. I try to be precise. I saw this thread going the same way so I concluded it included people who had not followed the other thread. Given it was similar material, I thought it was worth discussing. I could be wrong. Happens often.

Can I ask why you insist on going down that course of action regardless of all the advice given against it?
    Unless I misread the other thread, although there was considerable advice against it, there was also some support as well as some who ameliorated their position with discussion. Again, my propensity for precision causes me to bristle at the word all. Again, I could be wrong. I often am. How about you?
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Not to speak for Howard, but the advice given on this, and any, message board is worth every cent he paid for it. $0.00.

IMHO, Howard is free to make his own decisions. When I want legal advice, I hire a lawyer, not read some message board.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Unless I misread the other thread, although there was considerable advice against it, there was also some support as well as some who ameliorated their position with discussion. Again, my propensity for precision causes me to bristle at the word all. Again, I could be wrong. I often am. How about you?
    IANAL, but I sound like one sometimes, the way I talk and pick apart the meaning of specific words.

From the way I read this statement:
    It sounds to me like with the use of the word "all" he was just talking about the specific advice that was against it. He didn't say that "all" of the advice was against it. The key word is "of", if it was changed to "that" and you add "was" between "given" and "against", then to me it would sound like the way you interpretted it. Try it, and see if you can see it the way I do.

I could also be WAY off base. I am exhausted and need a nap.

Now, I do not speak for Mitchell, but that's just the way I read it.

ps. Thanks for the previous explanation Mitchell. I appreciate it.

But I do have one more question that wasn't answered. If you made a statement helpful to your side under that rule 803 sections 1, 2, or 3, why wouldn't that be allowed?

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I thought it was really funny. No harm, no foul.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links