Sniper wants to die

This is a discussion on Sniper wants to die within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; APNewsBreak: Sniper Muhammad seeks to halt death-row appeal By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer Tue May 6, 7:42 PM ET Washington-area sniper John Allen Muhammad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper wants to die

Sniper wants to die

APNewsBreak: Sniper Muhammad seeks to halt death-row appeal By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer
    Tue May 6, 7:42 PM ET

Washington-area sniper John Allen Muhammad is asking prosecutors in a letter to help him end legal appeals of his conviction and death sentence "so that you can murder this innocent black man."

In a two-page letter obtained by The Associated Press on Tuesday, Muhammad said he has tried without success to stop his defense attorneys from pursuing the appeals, and that he was counting on the state attorney general to assist him.

Muhammad told the prosecutors' office that he is waiving all rights to appeal his 2003 conviction and death sentence for the sniper killings in 2002 that terrorized the Washington, D.C., region.

"I've written to you all because I know you will make sure this letter will get to the right people so that you can murder this innocent black man," Muhammad wrote in the letter, dated April 23.

In the letter, Muhammad writes in the margin, "Muhammad innocent and on death row."

He does not state why he wants to end the appeal but writes that he has informed his appeals lawyers of his desires, and that any appeals they have filed "have been done against mine will."

Last month, Muhammad's appellate lawyers did indeed file a petition asking a federal judge to overturn Muhammad's conviction and death sentence in a Virginia court.

Muhammad and his teenage accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, were convicted in 2003 of a random killing spree that left 10 people dead in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia over a three-week span in October 2002.

Muhammad was sentenced to death, and Malvo was sentenced to life in prison.

Muhammad's lawyer, Jonathan Sheldon, declined to comment Tuesday.

The recent appeal filed by the lawyers cited evidence of brain damage that may render Muhammad incompetent to make legal decisions. Therefore, they argue, he should never have been allowed to represent himself, as he did for a disastrous two-day stretch at his Virginia trial.

Muhammad also represented himself in a subsequent trial in Maryland, in which he was also convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Katherine Baldwin, a lawyer in the attorney general's office who is representing Virginia in the case, wrote a letter Tuesday saying she had received Muhammad's letter and was forwarding it to the defense lawyers and the judge "for whatever action you deem appropriate."

Tucker Martin, a spokesman for the attorney general's office, did not immediately return calls seeking comment Tuesday.
    I'm pretty sure the evidence was overwhelming you're accomplice testified against you and regrets ever having known you,innocent black man hmm you may be black but definitely not innocent so why are you trying to make it sound like it's a racial thing.You killed many people in cold blood without regard to who they were or the effect of you're actions.I just wish these liberal feel good lawyers would shut up and let the government do their job which is to snuff the life out of you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Bravo!

I wish they would do it today!! No sense in making him wait

Give this man a cocktail!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think that the prison system should provide better service...faster, too! Like tomorrow...
    This guy is lucky to have wasted O2 this long already. In FL or TX it would have been a done deal already...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Should be an easy request to approve......

.....a bullet is cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post

+1
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

they will have another trial to determine if he is compitent now....too much money to let that get away....lol

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post

+2 I'll furnish the weapon and the bullet
    Last edited by Reborn; May 7th, 2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

"I've written to you all because I know you will make sure this letter will get to the right people so that you can murder this innocent black man," Muhammad wrote in the letter, dated April 23.
    Shows how twisted his reality is, if he calls elimination of deserving mass-murderers murder.

Sounds like a win-win arrangement, though. The People stop paying through the nose to deal with this person, and he gets his wish.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    I say kill him, but please stop calling him "sniper". I hate that term anyway, but it does make people think there was some skill involved with his shootings.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I say kill him, but please stop calling him "sniper". I hate that term anyway, but it does make people think there was some skill involved with his shootings.
    To "snipe" is merely to take shots at someone/something, generally from concealment. It specifies nothing about skill. Though, granted, in the military and police sense of the term, great skill is usually involved.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    To "snipe" is merely to take shots at someone/something, generally from concealment. It specifies nothing about skill. Though, granted, in the military and police sense of the term, great skill is usually involved.
    yup, I'm fully aware of what I'm means and why it does, it just overused and often wrong.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I lived in No VA at the time these idiots were running amuck. It was a crazy time. I had just gotten my permit when these idiots started shooting people. I didn't have any problems with family members complaining about carrying.
    Last edited by atctimmy; May 8th, 2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I say let him skip to the front of the line. I think we should outsource excecutions, other countries just seem to be able to do it more cheaply, quickly and efficiently. By the time this guy gets the needle, I'm sure us taxpayers will have a million dollars tied up in him. What does a plane ticket to China and a 7.62x39 run nowadays?

IIRC he wasn't the shooter in most of the cases. It was the young man doing the shooting from the trunk, while this idiot coached him.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links