Met someone from this site today!

This is a discussion on Met someone from this site today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have to tell you, the caliber of people we have on this board is top notch. I posted a thread a week or so ...

Thread: Met someone from this site today!

I have to tell you, the caliber of people we have on this board is top notch.

I posted a thread a week or so ago asking for opinions on IWB holsters for my G23. I do not currently have one and I am in the market for one as I want the option.

I was contacted by "ked" a brand new member who hasn't even posted to the public forums here as of yet. We spoke through email about different IWB holsters and today he dropped by where I work. He had with him 2 examples of IWB holsters made by Comp-Tac and let me look at them. We talked for about 40 minutes and it was honestly like I was meeting a friend whom I had known for a long time. (we as a community tend to think alike and not just on the subject of guns) But it doesn't stop there. Having just met me for the first time, he told me to take the holsters and to try each out for a few days and see what I thought!

I am currently wearing an MTAC by Comp-Tac and I am finding it pretty comfortable, more than I expected it to be.

But the best surprise was meeting ked. He's a great guy and a brand new friend.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have found the same thing about meeting 1/2 dozen+ members from this forum. We obviously have some common feelings about 2A, some of the forum posts, and have mentioned such during posts...just nice to place a face with a handle...

About another FL get-together...?????????
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've recommended that very thing to folks curious about guns, holsters, gear, etc. Put out a call for local folks. Almost everyone is willing to show or share.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    It'd be nice for a VA meetup. I purchased a CZ from the board and had a great expereicne

Assistant Administrator
    Good to hear that Mike ... as has been said almost totally ''we'' who frequent this place are pretty like-minded and not just with CCW either.

I have met very few folks but those I have were a pleasure to get to know.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    It'd be nice for a VA meetup. I purchased a CZ from the board and had a great expereicne
    Suites me.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    I have found the same to be true at ranges I have visited. Seems those interested in legal firearm use are very like minded and very willing to help. The gun club that I belong to is loaded with some of the nicest people in this area. Most often when you need help, its there without even being requested. What is the old saying, "An armed society is a polite society".
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Sponsored Links