Another Darwin award nominee.

This is a discussion on Another Darwin award nominee. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I guess it's hard not to brag. Man gets more than 6 years for posting police threat video - Yahoo! News Man gets more than ...

Thread: Another Darwin award nominee.

Another Darwin award nominee.

I guess it's hard not to brag.

Man gets more than 6 years for posting police threat video - Yahoo! News

Man gets more than 6 years for posting police threat video
    By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer
    Thu May 15, 4:16 AM ET

A reputed street gang leader was sentenced to more than six years in prison after posting an Internet video threatening police with guns and taunting them to arrest him.

Rudy Villanueva, 31, was sentenced Wednesday. He denied that he was a co-founder of the "Bird Road Boys" and insisted that he was only kidding around with friends when the video was made late last year. It was posted Jan. 3 on YouTube and immediately got the attention of Miami police, who took Villanueva up on his offer to "come get some whenever you're ready."

Police found five weapons at the apartment where the video was recorded, along with two 30-round clips and 780 rounds of ammunition.

Villanueva pleaded guilty in February to being a felon in possession of firearms. The AK-47 assault rifle and shotgun he brandished in the video were owned by 22-year-old Anthony Logan, who pleaded guilty to giving Villanueva the guns and got a sentence of just over a year.

"We's out here, we fighting a cold war," Villanueva said on the video. "Metro Dade Gang Unit, here I am baby."

Villanueva testified it was all a misunderstanding and that he never sought to threaten the police or anyone else.

But U.S. District Judge Marcia Cooke, noting that Villanueva had 15 prior arrests including a felony conviction for battery, said a defense of goofing off wasn't going to cut it for a grown man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    added by qks

That's pretty funny...if you're a felon you should probably not post videos on the internet threatening police while holding an AK.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I love the way BGs just want us to give them housing and feed them. They make it so easy for the LEO just to sit at a computer and watch YOU TUBE and than they say come and and then . My thanks to all the BG that have graduated from the Idiot College with a 4.0 average.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

Senior Moderator
    That vid is the only movie they should limit his TV viewing to in his cell.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    "But U.S. District Judge Marcia Cooke, noting that Villanueva had 15 prior arrests including a felony conviction for battery, said a defense of goofing off wasn't going to cut it for a grown man."

Good for her...perhaps she should have been the one for him to appear before after his third arrest.

+1 falcon
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links