Refused Next Day Air Service! Anybody Heard of This???

This is a discussion on Refused Next Day Air Service! Anybody Heard of This??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, I am putting together my first AR. Trying to put together all the parts has been an interesting experience. I am finding that many ...

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

So, I am putting together my first AR. Trying to put together all the parts has been an interesting experience. I am finding that many of the parts have been hard to find. I am down to the last few parts and getting very anxious to get my new project to the range. One of the last parts needed is the buffer tube.

I looked on several websites and they were out of the buffer tubes. I continued to surf and found that DPMS has them in stock. Not wanting to wait I paid for next day shipping (was hoping I could finish it this weekend). I get an email today telling me that because I am a new customer they will not ship next day air to me. The quickest I can get is three day air. I think about this a little bit and can't figure out why in the world they wouldn't ship next day. I decided to call and find out what the reason was. I call DPMS up and ask the individual that sent me the email why they wouldn't ship next day air to new customers. His response was "that it has led to problems so the corporate policy was not to ship next day air for new customers". I'm like okay, so what kind of problems? His response "its our corporate policy". Confused and not wanting to get into a battle, I thanked him and hung up.

So to the point of my post. Can anybody shed any light on this? I'm seriously confused why any retail establishment would refuse to offer next day air to a customer.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    Doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. It's not like they are afraid they won't get paid if you get it overnight. The item is paid for in advance, and I'd be willing to bet they are making a profit on the cost of shipping as well.

My bet is the VT shooter or some other school shooter bought a gun on the internet and had it shipped next day air and the company got heat for making a firearm available so quickly to an 'unknown' purchaser.

It's the only guess I can come up with.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    My bet is the VT shooter or some other school shooter bought a gun on the internet and had it shipped next day air and the company got heat for making a firearm available so quickly to an 'unknown' purchaser.
    This is probably the case. I've never bought from DPMS however so I don't have experience with them. It's an odd policy no matter what the reason. I usually buy AR15 parts from from LaRue, Noveske, Brownells, G&R Tactical, BravoCompanyUSA, AIMSurplus, Rainier Arms... All good dealers.

And yes, many AR15 parts are getting harder to come by. If you want something specific, it's probably out of stock. When a popular product is in stock, it doesn't last long. Every dealer will tell you that demand for these rifles has skyrocketed, many seeing a 300% increase in sales over the past year alone. Manufacturers just can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post

It's the only guess I can come up with.
    I would not think that would be it, because they do not sell firearms directly to individuals. They have to go through an FFL. I guess the way the anti's are it is possible though.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    It just seemed really odd to me and wondered if anyone had experienced the same thing. Oh well, I suppose that patience is a virtue!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    You would receive the part in time to kick back the credit card charge on them. Essentially stiffing them for the part. All I can come up with. Could be just general paranoia, like making you take off your shoes to fly.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    You would receive the part in time to kick back the credit card charge on them. Essentially stiffing them for the part. All I can come up with.
    That's possible. Hadn't thought about that one.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

If this is how they treat a new customer, they don't need your business. Tell them to stick it where it will be protected from solar radiation.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    You would receive the part in time to kick back the credit card charge on them. Essentially stiffing them for the part. All I can come up with. Could be just general paranoia, like making you take off your shoes to fly.
    All my credit card agreements provide me with 30 days from the end of the billing cycle. I can't see this as the reason... although it was a good thought.

I recently bought two LPK's from them... they refused to send it without signature confirmation... it ended up being so annoying I decided not to buy from them again.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    In today's world of identity theft the wait may be used to allow the credit card holder to notice if the card has been used illegally. It will also allow banks who contact their users when they make unusual purchases to do that. The other possibility is that it takes at least 24 hours for the credit charge on a debit card to be fully processed. I do my banking via the web and I see pending charges on my account until after the early morning processing when they become actual charges. So the company could be allowing for this processing while the product is still in transit. Until it is delivered they can probably stop delivery.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links