usmilitarysurplus.com

This is a discussion on usmilitarysurplus.com within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has anyone ever had any experience with US Military Surplus ? I've been trying to contact them for a week now for an order placed ...

Thread: usmilitarysurplus.com

usmilitarysurplus.com

Has anyone ever had any experience with US Military Surplus?

I've been trying to contact them for a week now for an order placed last month. I've emailed from 2 different addresses and their phone always goes to their message which says they are busy helping other customers.

I'm wondering if I goofed up by placing an order.

Thanks,

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

2. Remove Ads

No but thank you for the warning.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Hopefully you used a credit card with which you CAN cancel the purchase...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I'll just tell the short story. They have not charged my card yet. That's why I was being so patient.

I though their methods were a little underhanded. After the transaction was complete the page popped up saying that my order would be processed in in 1-3 weeks. I didn't even inquire until the end of the 4th week.

Now I'm not sure exactly what to do. Since they haven't charged my card I can't really dispute the charge. Since I'm not sure if anyone actually listens to the messages I don't know if canceling the order will do any good.

I'll post a follow up when this all pans out. I usually don't like to put down a vendor without actually talking to them, but they won't take my calls

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

You may want to consider a phone call to your CC company asking them to "NOT" allow any purchases from this company on your card. I would also write to the Surplus Store telling them of why you are terminating your order. Keep all your documantaion just in case, and refuse the order IF it comes in. Just my .03 cents.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Hold:

Something similar happened to me when I ordered from a shop in Florida. I ordered around $100 worth of items and never got any of it. No response from the shop. No listed phone number. Pissed me off pretty bad. Follow Ridgeline's advice.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I would go 1 further tell my cc company my card may be compromised and to cancel it and send me a new card.If it is a scam they may wait a while and all of a sudden one day you're card is maxed out with all kinds of purchases on the internet
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I would go 1 further tell my cc company my card may be compromised and to cancel it and send me a new card.If it is a scam they may wait a while and all of a sudden one day you're card is maxed out with all kinds of purchases on the internet
    +1
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Follow up

According to the Better Business Bureau they have an unsatisfactory record. I tried calling the main contact number listed on the BBB site and it has been disconnected.

I have a call into my credit card company now.

I would not recommend ordering from this company

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

Ouch, that hurts...

Sorry about your misfortune Holdcard, but thanks for giving us a heads up.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    T I though their methods were a little underhanded. After the transaction was complete the page popped up saying that my order would be processed in in 1-3 weeks. d
    They need 1-3 weeks just to process your order!! That's all I need to know.

VIP Member
    I ordered one hard-to-find DVD movie from a company online that said it was available from them. I put in my order, got pretty busy with my work, when one day I realized that it had been 3 weeks since I ordered it and I hadn't received it. I called them twice and left answering machine messages to call me about my order status. I also did the same thing via email. No response, so I called my cc companies dispute dept, and I had been charged for the DVD but the cc company gladly took it off my account, and would be contacting the DVD company about this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Update

The credit card company said they really weren't able to do anything unless a charge was processed. They submitted a charge yesterday.

Now I've got to call the CC company back and dispute the charges. They charged the correct amount so I'm not sure what to think, scam, one man shop, etc. Either way I'm pretty dissatisfied.

I would not recommend usmilitarysurplus, or appalachian to anyone.

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

Links