Question about Paypal.

This is a discussion on Question about Paypal. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I need to pay somebody some money and apparently Paypal is the easiest and fastest way to do it. Problem is, I don't know how. ...

Thread: Question about Paypal.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar

Question about Paypal.

I need to pay somebody some money and apparently Paypal is the easiest and fastest way to do it. Problem is, I don't know how. I have a Paypal account, but the only time I use it is for eBay and other shopping. How do I pay an individual?

Thanks.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

2. Remove Ads

Use their e-mail address they have listed with paypal. Log into your account and pick 'send money', then enter the address for the recipient. That's all.
    You do need their paypal e-mail address to do that though.

Ok, sounds easy enough. Thank you.

No problem. You can also receive money the same way. This does not transfer to your funding source, but stays in your actual paypal account. You can send payments using off your account balance without taking from your funding source until such time your paypal balance is no longer enough to cover payments, then it will again draw from your funding source. By the way--in that respect--paypal funds may only be used for paypal transactions--you cannot transfer this into actual cash money.

I transfer my paypal money to my bank account all the time, am I missing something above?

You can also get a PayPal credit debit card so you easily spend what you receive on PayPal. Still it's no hassle to have the money sent to your bank account. I think you can also have them send you a check.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Paypal is anti gun. If your transaction is for a firearm, or what they consider to be a firearm, I would not state that in the description, or your account will be closed. It's happened to us. Of course you can open a new one, in someone else's name, but it's a hassle. I don't remember the specifics on what they consider to be a firearm. Our transaction was for the sale of a firearm.

Good luck!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

If you are recieving payment from Paypal just be carefull when your send out the goods. People pay for items from a Paypal account with a stolen credit card, you send out the product and about 14 days later to get a letter saying the Paypal is reversing the credit beacause of the stolen credit card. You are now out for $$$$ and what ever you were selling.Scammers are out there.You wouldn't let a BG walk into your home but people are taken all day long..

I transfer my paypal money to my bank account all the time, am I missing something above?
    Well, I didn't want the OP to think it was like sending Western Union or something like that. I guess you can do all of those transactions, then write a check for cash--but it aint no ATM machine.

Paypal will not allow payment for any gun related items other than holsters IIRC,magazines,brass and any other firearm parts if they find out they will freeze you're account
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    There are quite a few issues about paypal, google paypal issues, I prefer to avoid them myself.

I don't like Paypal because of their anti-gun stance, but it was either that or send a check to Canada for my new sheaths for my Ka-Bar TDI and CRKT Ryan Plan B;-)

Postal money orders are a good option---don't know how that would go over in Canada though. Yep--a personal check could take close to forever to go though the red tape. If you're like me and don't do the plastic scene any more--it's tough sometimes. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I figure most of corporate America is anti-gun--some just don't outright announce that fact and suck it up for business' sake. We do spend money and most of them know it. Things will change. Just wait.

Links