Teen charged with Tainting Food

Teen charged with Tainting Food

This is a discussion on Teen charged with Tainting Food within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Florida Teen Charged With Tainting Severely Allergic Mother's Food Thursday, May 22, 2008 DADE CITY, Fla. A Pasco High School student has been arrested ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Teen charged with Tainting Food

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rowlett, Texas
    Posts
    1,739

    Teen charged with Tainting Food

    Florida Teen Charged With Tainting Severely Allergic Mother's Food
    Thursday, May 22, 2008


    DADE CITY, Fla. A Pasco High School student has been arrested after police say she spiked her mother's food. The girl was allegedly angry that her cell phone had been taken away for texting too much, MyFOX Tampa Bay reported.

    Authorities say the 16-year-old was charged yesterday with aggravated domestic battery after her mother, 39, suffered a serious allergic reaction called "anaphylactic shock."

    The Pasco County Sheriff's Office says the mother told deputies she has numerous food allergies. Some are so severe that she must keep with her always an injector of epinephrine, or adrenaline, to immediately treat the shock.

    According to a police report obtained by the St. Petersburg Times, the suspect's 11-year-old sister said she remembers the teen using the salt, but she said her older sister threatened to "beat her up until she was dead" if she said anything.

    Authorities say the teen admitted spiking her mother's food with seasoning salt.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,434

    Thumbs down

    "Gimme back my phone, or I'll kill ya." Don't like the lesson you're being taught by one who loves you? Kill 'em all. What a concept.

    I predict this little gremlin's going to end very badly, either in a gutter or a jail cell, if at this point she's already willing to murder her mother for phone access.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array deadeye72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Mississippi
    Posts
    4,283
    I don't guess she will be doing a lot of texting where she is going.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

  4. #4
    Member Array BENZIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    gainesville FL
    Posts
    151
    PROBLY to big bertha
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    I think that too many kids today are spoiled rotten,Ipods,cell phones,stereos and tv's in their rooms,computers,video games,Expensive clothes,we have turned them into little monsters that think I want what I want and I want it now or else.parents seem to think the way to keep you're kid in line is to buy them something.I think that little girls next text on her cell phone should require acute dexterity with her sphincter muscles since I woulda deposited her phone in a special place
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  6. #6
    Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,233
    Yes kids today are out of control, and some of it is the parent's responsibility. But think about this, if the mother had slapped her even once, she could easily be charged with child abuse.

    When a kid gets to a certain point, there isn't much a parent can do, and kids know this. Take away priveleges, cell phones, grounding, etc. Well, what do you do when the kid disobeys and just goes out after you punish them? Punishment only works if the kid listens to and obeys you. I'm sure some would say to kick the kid out of the house. Then you are guilty of neglect and/or more child abuse.

    The government has taken away the ability to discipline our children the same way we were disciplined and kept in line as children. I'm not saying to beat your children, but sometimes a good smack on the butt is in order, albeit illegal. Has anyone else connected the increasing problems with kids to the decrease in corporal punishment because of greater scrutiny by the government?

    And the best part? Now if a child does something illegal, a lot of times the parent is charged and/or jailed.

    Ok, flame away.

  7. #7
    Member Array taggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Isle of Lucy
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Yes kids today are out of control, and some of it is the parent's responsibility. But think about this, if the mother had slapped her even once, she could easily be charged with child abuse.

    When a kid gets to a certain point, there isn't much a parent can do, and kids know this. Take away priveleges, cell phones, grounding, etc. Well, what do you do when the kid disobeys and just goes out after you punish them? Punishment only works if the kid listens to and obeys you. I'm sure some would say to kick the kid out of the house. Then you are guilty of neglect and/or more child abuse.

    The government has taken away the ability to discipline our children the same way we were disciplined and kept in line as children. I'm not saying to beat your children, but sometimes a good smack on the butt is in order, albeit illegal. Has anyone else connected the increasing problems with kids to the decrease in corporal punishment because of greater scrutiny by the government?

    And the best part? Now if a child does something illegal, a lot of times the parent is charged and/or jailed.

    Ok, flame away.
    No flames from me on this one!
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    45,521
    This little dirtbag needs 'jail time'...lots of it!
    Over a cell phone? Wait until she needs 'her drugs'...then see what she'll be able to do......bad times are on the way!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array dcb188's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mid-Cape Cod, Mass.
    Posts
    861
    MORINTP: Most excellent.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)
    __________________________________
    Right is Wrong and Wrong is Right.
    __________________________________
    Socrates : "Knowledge is knowing that we know nothing".

  10. #10
    Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,233
    Phew. I thought CPS would be banging on my door this morning after that post.

    Now for the record, I have two children, ages 13 and 10. That's 23 collective years between them, and in all this time, I can count on one hand the number of times I've given them a smack on the butt. But my kids listen to me. Well, most of the time.

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,118
    A couple things are radically wrong with this situation.

    First, I can't imagine a parent with brains turning over a kid to the cops unless lots of really bad stuff happened before this incident.

    Maybe the cops got involved by accident, when an ambulance was called and now the mom is caught in the middle.

    It is very very likely that the kid (unless an incorrigible little monster who really needs jail) simply misunderstood and miscalculated the effect of the prank. Maybe she thought she would make mom a little sick, and get a laugh out of it, but had no idea the act would be life-threatening. Maybe she thought it would be life threatening but was too immature a 16 y.o. to really understand what that means.

    I don't think the warning to the little sister to not squeal means much--that's the way siblings sometimes talk to each other.

    This sounds like an immature kid who had no idea what she was doing or what the consequences could become.

    MOM, and DAD need to be the ones to deal with the punishment. It doesn't need to be a law enforcement issue unless there are lots of other factors pointing to a hopeless case of a kid (and both parents believe the law needs to be involved to protect themselves and others.)

    Look folks, it is easy to point to mistakes people make and talk about severely punishing them. Sometimes it is in fact necessary to do so. But, you don't destroy a kid's life over what was probably a one off stupid thoughtless kiddo trick.

    And a big thumbs up for morintp's interesting thoughts. Parents need to be able to discipline their kids and sometimes that means making the "punishment" real.

    I have some dealings with kids (sort of a helpline for kids with troubles) and in the 14 to 17 y.o. grouping there are huge differences in intellect, maturity, wisdom, understanding. Some are wise as old men; others are 6 year olds with big foul mouths.

    Oh, and one more thing. When my kid was 16 he literally stole our car. He got pissed at me about something, decided to leave, and drove off with me yelling at him to stop.

    The option to call the cops was very real, but it would have destroyed him.

    Instead, my wife and I bit our nails and waited for him to come crawling home at 3 a.m. We said nothing until mid-afternoon the next day. Then let him know that: a) he had committed a crime for which he might go to jail were we not kindly disposed toward him out of love; b) no further crap would be tolerated.

    There was no lasting damage done.

    The parent in this "poisoning," AND the LAW ENFORCEMENT folks, and some of us in the peanut gallery, really need to be thinking about CONSEQUENCES of various options. We are talking about someone's FUTURE.

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array deadeye72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Mississippi
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    First, I can't imagine a parent with brains turning over a kid to the cops unless lots of really bad stuff happened before this incident.

    Maybe the cops got involved by accident, when an ambulance was called and now the mom is caught in the middle.

    It is very very likely that the kid (unless an incorrigible little monster who really needs jail) simply misunderstood and miscalculated the effect of the prank. Maybe she thought she would make mom a little sick, and get a laugh out of it, but had no idea the act would be life-threatening. Maybe she thought it would be life threatening but was too immature a 16 y.o. to really understand what that means.

    I don't think the warning to the little sister to not squeal means much--that's the way siblings sometimes talk to each other.

    This sounds like an immature kid who had no idea what she was doing or what the consequences could become.

    MOM, and DAD need to be the ones to deal with the punishment. It doesn't need to be a law enforcement issue unless there are lots of other factors pointing to a hopeless case of a kid (and both parents believe the law needs to be involved to protect themselves and others.)

    Look folks, it is easy to point to mistakes people make and talk about severely punishing them. Sometimes it is in fact necessary to do so. But, you don't destroy a kid's life over what was probably a one off stupid thoughtless kiddo trick.
    I am a parent with brains and if either of my children knowingly do something that endangers my life or my wifes, I will do what is appropriate, including involving the police. This lady has to carry around an epi pen her allergies are so bad. Her daughter knows this and was probably full aware of the possible outcome of her actions. Her threatening her little sister, whether joking or not, is a crime itself. The story made no mention of a father, which could be part of the problem. I say whatever punishment she gets is well deserved. Will it break her mothers heart, probably. Will it make this young girl realize her mistake and change her attitude, maybe. Is it needed, YES.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

  13. #13
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,118

    Will jail save this kid?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    . Will it make this young girl realize her mistake and change her attitude, maybe. Is it needed, YES.
    Assuming we are dealing with a stupid act of an immature kid who really didn't realize the full consequence of the act; WILL JAIL SAVE THIS KID OR MAKE HER WORSE OFF?

    We don't know the full set of circumstances. But, parents need to think two, three, and six times before they involve the police in their domestic problems with their kids.

    Maybe there was a time when common sense handling of juvenile situations would happen. Today, everyone gets labeled an adult and the kids get put in environments which are clearly going to harm them.

    By and large The State makes a crappy parent. Often the kids are more abused by The State than by what ever goes on at home--and our state has had to close juvenile facilities because of what was going on in them.

    If the mom involved here is a reasonably O.K. parent, and the kid does not have a history of other disturbed behavior, this one needs to be taken out of the justice system and handled by mom and dad as a bad prank gone wrong; one which deserves severe parental disapproval and punishment but not the ruination of the kid's life.

    Deadeye, you wrote: "Will it make this young girl realize her mistake and change her attitude, maybe. "

    I bet this kid already knows the gravity of her mistake and unless she is psycho, this stuff won't happen again because it was just an act of childish stupidity.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Array Baby Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Yes kids today are out of control, and some of it is the parent's responsibility. But think about this, if the mother had slapped her even once, she could easily be charged with child abuse.

    When a kid gets to a certain point, there isn't much a parent can do, and kids know this. Take away priveleges, cell phones, grounding, etc. Well, what do you do when the kid disobeys and just goes out after you punish them? Punishment only works if the kid listens to and obeys you. I'm sure some would say to kick the kid out of the house. Then you are guilty of neglect and/or more child abuse.

    The government has taken away the ability to discipline our children the same way we were disciplined and kept in line as children. I'm not saying to beat your children, but sometimes a good smack on the butt is in order, albeit illegal. Has anyone else connected the increasing problems with kids to the decrease in corporal punishment because of greater scrutiny by the government?

    And the best part? Now if a child does something illegal, a lot of times the parent is charged and/or jailed.

    Ok, flame away.
    +1
    What ever happened to DISCIPLINE??
    Being your kids 'best friend' instead of a parent is one of the worst mistakes one can make!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

    Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

    1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

  15. #15
    Ex Member Array FN1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,235
    All of you making comments about kids of today I don't think it applies at all in this case. If it wasn't texting it would have been something else as this girl has serious problems. Whether or not she meant to kill her mother is immaterial as she didn't know if it would or what the consequences would be if her mother died. As much as some may want to think this is another spoiled kid it is much more than that with a clearly disturbed child that is headed for trouble without more help than that her parents can give alone. I have seen too many of these and it isn't always the parents fault or the sparing of the rod.

    As for the mother calling the police that was the absolute best thing she could do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Survival - FREE LAND IN CA. Crops, Free Food, Food Storage, Vegetable Trees
    By QKShooter in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
  2. Teen charged in ice pick attack over parking spot
    By Thegear234 in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM
  3. SAD: Teen Accomplice In Armed Robbery Charged With Capital Murder - Birmingham, AL
    By CT-Mike in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 20th, 2008, 12:32 AM
  4. Bad: Pennsylvania teen charged with plotting to kill school enemies
    By JonInNY in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
  5. Teen shoots Teen in Fort Worth, Texas Break-in
    By Reborn in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Search tags for this page

person tainting food
,

tainting food

,
tainting someones food
Click on a term to search for related topics.