Motorola Cell Phone Software?

This is a discussion on Motorola Cell Phone Software? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi, I see where I can buy software and cable to link my cellphone (Motorola V365) to my PC but I already have a cable ...

Thread: Motorola Cell Phone Software?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Hi, I see where I can buy software and cable to link my cellphone (Motorola V365) to my PC but I already have a cable that fits and only need the software.

Anyone know of a website where this software is available for free download? Link?
    For God, Family and Country!

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    The best free SW out there is BitPim.

Welcome to BitPim

Don't know if your model is covered, but if it is, you should be all set.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
    For God, Family and Country!

I know you're looking for free software, but just in case you're not satisfied with what you find, let me warn you (and anyone else) away from the Motorola software.

Bought it. Don't like it very much. Interface is clunky. Performance is slow. Software is buggy. Doesn't like talking to my phone very much, which is the only thing it's really supposed to do.

Blecch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9mm View Post
    I know you're looking for free software, but just in case you're not satisfied with what you find, let me warn you (and anyone else) away from the Motorola software.

Bought it. Don't like it very much. Interface is clunky. Performance is slow. Software is buggy. Doesn't like talking to my phone very much, which is the only thing it's really supposed to do.

Blecch.
    +1 I have it too. It does the job of backing up my cellphone, but I would not use it on a day to day basis, although it is good for downloading photos to the phone.

I had to buy it... I don't believe it's available for free.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

So have you hooked your cell phone to your computer with the cable? It may recognize the device then all you would need to do is find a program to translate the file structures. I'm not really sure what you want to do with the interface. If the phone is Bluetooth capable, that would be the way to go. I use this Bluetooth® USB Adapter 2.0 for my V3 to transfer files. My phone's files are 3G, and the adapter deciphers them to wav, jpg, etc...... As far as something free for the Motorola/PC interface, I think it will be hard to find.
    Here are some to check out anyway. Good luck.
    MobTime Cell Phone Manager - PC software to manage Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Siemens, Samsung and LG mobile phones.
    - free download Mobile Phone Tools 3.0 (mobile phone tools phonetool Motorola cell sync bvrp GPRS )
    Download Motorola Mobile PhoneTools, Motorola Mobile PhoneTools 4.5.4 Download
    Motorola Mobile PhoneTools Deluxe. downloadsoftware4free.com. Download Free Software. Search shareware and freeware downloads.
    Sync your cell phone with your computer - Weekend Project - CNET reviews

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links