Lost my wedding band at the range -- updated

This is a discussion on Lost my wedding band at the range -- updated within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, I lost my wedding band at the range. I was married this past September when my wife put a titanium wedding band on my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my wedding band at the range -- updated

Yes, I lost my wedding band at the range. I was married this past September when my wife put a titanium wedding band on my finger.

Somewhere around January, my wife and I went to the range and after our visit, I couldn't find my ring. I could only think that I lost it at the range and I imagined that it would be lost forever in the pile of brass. My wife wasn't happy about this.

I did call the range to ask if anyone turned in a ring. At that time, no one had.

Fast forward to May 21st, Wednesday of this week. I'm visiting the range by my self and there is a guy walking around talking about picking up the brass. I asked him if he picks up the brass for the store and he said he did.

I asked if he happened to find a titanium wedding band in all of that brass. He said he did!

He turned it in to the manager at another branch of the range named Larry.

I went to the other store, talked with Larry who admitted that he received the ring but an employee took it home because they didn't expect anyone to claim it -- completely understandable.

I talked with the employee who said he'll bring the ring to work on Monday.

Anyhow -- I haven't gotten the ring yet but I expect things will turn out positively.

Thanks Shoot Straight in Casselberry and Apopka!

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    You are a Blessed Man........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Yeah Honey, no one's seen it, I'll have to go back again tomorrow.

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang

Congrats on finding it, Or did you?

I lost mine in our barn, one winter we had to wet the hay for the horses, it was a really dry winter, cold fingers, slipped right off, didn't notice till late that night. Found it a year and half later. Wearing it right now.

Eta:
    Congrats on the upcoming one year.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

That's GREAT news......I know what my wife's reaction would be in a similar situation!

I'm glad they found it, but I have to admit that I'd be a little po'd that they didn't make some kind of effort to at least post a big 'ole "Found" notice, or even better, try to contact those who had used the range for the past day or two. I shoot there sometimes too and you have to log in, so they could have found you if they had given it a little thought/effort. Then someone takes it home? I know you're happy, but I can't give SS much credit for this one..... Ya know?

The employee took it home thing worries me. The employee took a wedding ring home for what? To sell? To display on the mantle? To get married?

Hope everything turns out well. Let us know what happens on Monday.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I did call the range to ask if anyone turned in a ring. At that time, no one had.
    Since you had already called the range asking if they had found it, why would they not hang on to it in case you called back. I would not be happy about the employee taking it home, but at least you are getting it back. Congrats.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Since you had already called the range asking if they had found it, why would they not hang on to it in case you called back.
    Okay -- in Shoot Straight's defense:

(a) They have two ranges in this area. The store/range that the ring was returned to is not the one I shoot at regularly. I called the range that I frequent.

(b) It isn't their job to keep up with my stuff. It is to sell guns.

(c) I think the ring had been sitting in the office for months before someone took it home.

(d) Although they keep track of who shoots at their range, I don't think the brass is collected daily. Even a day's worth of shooters across two stores might be prohibitively difficult to contact. I'm willing to bet their brass isn't collected more frequently than once a week. Imagine calling a week's worth of shooters to find the owner of a ring that is worth monetarily less than $100.

So all in all, I'm happy with the result. I haven't gotten the ring yet but I'm positive. If everything turns out okay, I'll probably go ahead and buy a new shotgun I've been wanting from them.

Quote Originally Posted by ruertar View Post

(d) Although they keep track of who shoots at their range, I don't think the brass is collected daily. Even a day's worth of shooters across two stores might be prohibitively difficult to contact. I'm willing to bet their brass isn't collected more frequently than once a week. Imagine calling a week's worth of shooters to find the owner of a ring that is worth monetarily less than $100.
    I'm a businessman......purely from a business perspective, imagine the impression that would have been made to every single one of those shooters had someone taken the time and made the effort to give them a call and at least ask the question. Talk about customer service and going that extra step! As the commercial says.......priceless!

Unfortunately, what passes for customer service these days is oftentimes so poor that we consider it special if someone actually smiles while taking our money!

I have found two different wedding bands on the golf course. Both time I turned them into the pro shop and no one ever asked about them. Think about this. You find $100 on the range and start calling the customers from that day asking if they lost $100 at the range. How many calls do you thing you would have to make before you found the person who lost the $100. Translate that to a wedding band. I would expect you would have to call a few more but not many.

If you lose something like that it is your responsibility to try and find it not someone to try and hunt you down unless they know you have lost it. When I had a store I was constantly finding earrings, rings etc. that people had lost. It's is a lot more common than you think and unless someone comes asking about that particular item it is almost impossible to ever find the REAL owner. I lost my wedding band once and had a lot of explaining to my wife. About three months later I found it under our bed. Then she had some explaining about her housekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post

How many calls do you thing you would have to make before you found the person who lost the $100. Translate that to a wedding band. I would expect you would have to call a few more but not many.
    :
    Hmmmmm........ Maybe they could ask the person who claims that it's his to describe it.........?

It's just not that difficult. But again, that level of customer service/concern/care, call it what you will, is sadly lacking in too many places these days.....and part of the blame lies with those of us who accept it as the norm.

ok......end of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Hmmmmm........ Maybe they could ask the person who claims that it's his to describe it.........?

It's just not that difficult. But again, that level of customer service/concern/care, call it what you will, is sadly lacking in too many places these days.....and part of the blame lies with those of us who accept it as the norm.

ok......end of rant.
    I found a head cover on the golf course not long ago and thought I had eve seen who lost it. I saw him and asked if he had lost one and what did it look like if he had. He really couldn't decribe it but I was almost positive it was his. Describe your wedding band, .....round....gold....shiny.....scratched.... It is more common now but still most men's wedding bands look pretty much alike so unless you have some engraving.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I'm puzzled how people lose their wedding bands. Are they too loose? Are they being taken off?

I'm just asking because my ring has only come off once since I've been married. That was when I accidentally super glued it to my finger. After I finally got it off, I couldn't wear it until the skin healed.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I'm puzzled how people lose their wedding bands. Are they too loose? Are they being taken off?

I'm just asking because my ring has only come off once since I've been married. That was when I accidentally super glued it to my finger. After I finally got it off, I couldn't wear it until the skin healed.
    I think a more important question is how the heck do you super glue your wedding band to your finger? Maybe that is what I need to do.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruertar View Post
    I think a more important question is how the heck do you super glue your wedding band to your finger? Maybe that is what I need to do.
    I was holding something together that I had glued. I was in a hurry so wasn't paying too much attention to what I was doing and too late I realized I had put too much glue on and it had gotten all over (and under) my ring.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    In my case, my fingers get a little smaller when they got cold, came right off, other wise it was pretty snug. Luckley now it's a little out of round from working construction, i thought about trying to make it round again, but it does stay on better now. Well that is after quiting construction and getting back to a desk job, my fingers arent as big as they were then.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links