Flashpoint - New Police Sniper Unit show on CBS

This is a discussion on Flashpoint - New Police Sniper Unit show on CBS within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks to be interesting. Starts July 11th. CTV Series Flashpoint Picked Up by CBS for U.S. Broadcast -- New CTV drama becomes first Canadian series ...

Thread: Flashpoint - New Police Sniper Unit show on CBS

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Flashpoint - New Police Sniper Unit show on CBS

Looks to be interesting. Starts July 11th.

CTV Series Flashpoint Picked Up by CBS for U.S. Broadcast

-- New CTV drama becomes first Canadian series since Due South to air on network television in both Canada and U.S. --

-- CBS Paramount Network Television Partners with CTV and Toronto-Based Pink Sky Entertainment and Avamar Entertainment --

Los Angeles, CA (January 29, 2008) - A new CTV original Canadian drama series currently in pre-production has been picked up by CBS for broadcast later this year in the United States. Flashpoint (working title, a.k.a. Sniper) is a new police drama about an elite, big city Strategic Response Unit (SRU). CBS has picked up 13 episodes of the one-hour drama series, which was green-lit by CTV in December. When it premieres later this year, Flashpoint will become the first Canadian series since CTV's Due South in 1994 to air in network primetime in both Canada and the United States. Production begins in Toronto in April.

Read more here
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I enjoyed Due South, so I'll give it a look. Thanks for posting!

Don't y'all find it strange that CBS airs shows like "The "Unit", "NCIS" and at one time "JAG" but has such a anti-conservative, anti-firearms, anti-Christian political positions? Don't get me wrong I love each of those shows and now look forward to Flashpoint too. I can only assume that money speaks and that viewer popularity have something to do with it. It looks like the networks would sooner or later realize there are many more of us who pay the bills. If it werent for a very few network shows I would only have the Military Channel, Master Blasters, Deadly Catch and the Home Shopping Club (just kidding).
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

While I agree and also enjoy all of those shows on CBS, I have also noticed a lot of ANTI-GUN liberalist ideas and views not-so-hidden within the script of each and every one of those same shows.

Sure, they depict killing and violence, usually with a lot of gunfire on both sides, but there is definitely a message being presented in most of all of these shows.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.

Saw the promo for FLASHPOINT earlier this week - I'll DEFINITELY be tuning it!

CBS renewed THE UNIT for next season!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Administrator
    Great... now there will be millions more "experts" on SWAT tactics etc., just like CSI created millions of "experts" on crime scenes.

I can't wait.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I have also noticed a lot of ANTI-GUN liberalist ideas and views not-so-hidden within the script
    +1

Plus all kinds of bad technical stuff.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Great... now there will be millions more "experts" on SWAT tactics etc., just like CSI created millions of "experts" on crime scenes.

I can't wait.
    I agree, but, it can be entertaining to watch if you dont take it seriously. I mean, what else is there to watch?? Will and Grace? I only get antenna tv so I am very limited in choice

VIP Member
    I mean, what else is there to watch?? Will and Grace? I only get antenna tv so I am very limited in choice
    I have Dish and it just more replays of the same limited choices -- IMHO.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Administrator
    I agree, but, it can be entertaining to watch if you dont take it seriously. I mean, what else is there to watch?? Will and Grace? I only get antenna tv so I am very limited in choice
    Agreed, it might be entertaining, and it might not. The problem I'm pointing out is that a lot of people have a hard time telling the difference between entertainment and education. Just search Law and order, CSI etc. here on this forum.
    "Just blame Sixto"

What do mean Sixto? I'm already an expert from watching SWAT, Sniper, and the like. Two important tips for you Six:

1: (from Sniper), when being shot at, just roll quickly as soon as you hear the bang. If you're quick, you won't get shot.
    2: (From SWAT and Speed), it's OK to shoot the hostages, the most you'll get is a butt-chewing.

I could go on and on, but I don't want the BGs that troll this forum to learn all of the GG secrets. I might watch the show though, if it's not on too late.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Don't y'all find it strange that CBS airs shows like "The "Unit", "NCIS" and at one time "JAG" but has such a anti-conservative, anti-firearms, anti-Christian political positions?
    I think all the networks and Hollywood in general is anti-gun.

rogerswann, you are right I suppose they have learned who watches those type shows, and are kinda caving to where the money is. However as has been said here before we still see the anti-views pop up from time to time.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Links