Buy them Cheap, Bury them Deep.

This is a discussion on Buy them Cheap, Bury them Deep. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gun Ad: 'Buy Cheap, Bury Deep' - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston Gun Ad: 'Buy Cheap, Bury Deep' By Ryan Korsgard POSTED: 4:29 pm ...

Thread: Buy them Cheap, Bury them Deep.

Buy them Cheap, Bury them Deep.

Gun Ad: 'Buy Cheap, Bury Deep' - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

Gun Ad: 'Buy Cheap, Bury Deep'
    By Ryan Korsgard

POSTED: 4:29 pm CDT May 28, 2008
    UPDATED: 5:40 pm CDT May 28, 2008

HOUSTON -- A new, controversial gun store ad has some Houstonians wondering about the real meaning behind, "Buy them cheap. Bury them deep," KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

The radio ad also says, "This is Jim Pruett calling from federal prison. Well, not yet."

The ad is for Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo in northwest Harris County.

It then carries a political message, "Come this November, many could be incarcerated if a bunch of naive voters elect misguided, anti-gun politicians to office."

But one line stands out. It says, "Jim Pruett's guns and ammo, where we say 'Buy them cheap. Bury them deep.'"

But some are asking, "Bury who deep?"

Owner Jim Pruett said, "We certainly don't mean -- buy your guns, shoot the criminals and bury them deep. Not in your back yard. No, that's not the intent of that. But it's a fun thing to think about."

Pruett said he meant customers should buy guns now and stash them away in case Texans cannot buy them later because politicians prohibit the sale.

It's not the first time the former radio personality and Vietnam veteran has captured attention. One of his radio ads urged Houstonians to arm themselves against Hurricane Katrina evacuees. He called them "Katricians."

Pruett said, "I try to use my radio time to say something important."

But, Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, "It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe."

Pruett said his gun training classes remain at full capacity. He said they have successfully trained more than 5,000 people over the past seven years.
    I guess this "Crime victim advocate" doesn't watch the evening news? Perhaps he just doesn't have a television...

That store has a great ad slogan though.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

But, Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, "It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe."
    I view it somewhat differently. Can you say: out of touch with reality? Sure.

It's just pathetically sad we live in a society where dangerous people holding temporary elected office dare to swipe Constitutionally protect rights from all People under the hopes of reducing some of the evil in the worst 1% of society.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I like the slogan...next time I'm in Houston I might have to stop by. But it inevitably brings me back to the quote...If you are thinking of burying your guns, it's probably time to dig 'em up.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    "But, Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, 'It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe.'"
    If more people had firearms to keep themselves and their families safe, there would be less need for the Houston mayor to have a crime victim's advocate.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    We need to get the car dealer in Butler, Mo and Pruett together!

Yes. It is sad that we need guns to keep ourselves safe...

So...I picked up some more surpluss 9mm ball ammo today.

What did you do enhance your safety today?

Burying guns sounds like work. Keeping them above ground and maintained sounds like a good habit. Jesus said "be ready".

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Burying guns sounds like work. Keeping them above ground and maintained sounds like a good habit. Jesus said "be ready".
    I am...and will continue to be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

quote:

I wonder if he's an advocate for the Houston police officers and citizens of Houston that have been killed by the 'illegal aliens' that are being 'harbored' by the Houston mayor and the city of Houston?

D*m le...........
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Them not understanding the slogan... also shows why they don't "get" the need of the 2nd amendment. DUH.

Links