Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less...Sign the Petition!! - Page 2

Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less...Sign the Petition!!

This is a discussion on Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less...Sign the Petition!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll keep trying!!!!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less...Sign the Petition!!

I'll keep trying!!!!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Well that is certainly as good a pretext as any.

Also why would drilling here lower our prices? Oil is traded on a world market and the price is set by that market. I don't see us ever producing enough to flood the market enough to influence prices. So...
    1 million BPD would certainly cause the markets to sit up and pay attention.
    Visit my Winchester Ranger Talon page for current pricing.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    no thanks on the petition. The answer is not more oil. The answer is less consumption. Less consumption is best on so many levels.

I'll keep trying to sign.

For all the kool aid drinkers that think less consumption, hydrogen/electric/alternative fuel cars are the answer, I say this:

I will be the first to buy one when you can demonstrate that your vehicle and its wunderfuel will actually cost me less than what I have now.

Also, it has to replace my current vehicles' power output joule per joule, horsepower per horsepower. Currently, all of your "alternatives" are slow, cumbersome expensive vehicles that have a tremendously limited range, and very limited amenties (like air conditioning).

So don't preach to me or anyone else about giving up one whit of my freedom to chase junk science or pay through the nose to finance someone's engineering evolution in progress.

Until they can truly replace the vehicles we have now, the other alternatives are only going to cost us even more money "just to be green". Has anybody really checked out some of this new technology to find out whether it really lives up to its billing? I have. The vaunted Toyota Prius? You can buy one of those and you will have to drive it for almost 100,000 miles to recoup the energy consumed (that created the carbon footprint) to build it; In contrast, buying a Hummer you will drive far less to recoup the same value. You can check that article out in "wired" magazine. Ethanol for fuel? come on..... When you consume 4 gallons of fuel to make one gallon of ethanol that yields less inherent energy than an equivalent gallon of gasoline, that is called stupidity, plain stupidity. Who cares if it burns cleaner. We can compensate for that elsewhere in the combustion cycle.

So quit drinking the kool aid folks, and sign the petition!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I can't sign it it says its down come back later everytime i click the link,I think aliens hijacked it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's been a 'down for now come back later'...since May...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I'll keep trying to sign.

For all the kool aid drinkers that think less consumption, hydrogen/electric/alternative fuel cars are the answer, I say this:

I will be the first to buy one when you can demonstrate that your vehicle and its wunderfuel will actually cost me less than what I have now.

Also, it has to replace my current vehicles' power output joule per joule, horsepower per horsepower. Currently, all of your "alternatives" are slow, cumbersome expensive vehicles that have a tremendously limited range, and very limited amenties (like air conditioning).

So don't preach to me or anyone else about giving up one whit of my freedom to chase junk science or pay through the nose to finance someone's engineering evolution in progress.

Until they can truly replace the vehicles we have now, the other alternatives are only going to cost us even more money "just to be green". Has anybody really checked out some of this new technology to find out whether it really lives up to its billing? I have. The vaunted Toyota Prius? You can buy one of those and you will have to drive it for almost 100,000 miles to recoup the energy consumed (that created the carbon footprint) to build it; In contrast, buying a Hummer you will drive far less to recoup the same value. You can check that article out in "wired" magazine. Ethanol for fuel? come on..... When you consume 4 gallons of fuel to make one gallon of ethanol that yields less inherent energy than an equivalent gallon of gasoline, that is called stupidity, plain stupidity. Who cares if it burns cleaner. We can compensate for that elsewhere in the combustion cycle.

So quit drinking the kool aid folks, and sign the petition!
    you, sir, are the kool-aid drinker.

I have two vehicles, both are small-cars that get about 30 mpg. They have all the amenities you or I or anyone else could possibly need. However, there are way too many people driving Bummers and Suburbans that drink gas at more like 8mpg. That is just plain greed and ego right there.

It is perfectly plausible to reduce consumption through a VERY small amount of sacrifice and frugality. Get real.

We need to get off or dependency on oil - like Brazil.

jp

Also will have to check in later.... but let's all plan to. We can't continue to count on the oil coming in from across the ocean.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

VIP Member
    It's a nice catch phrase but I have questions...

How long until the ANWR area could be in peak production?
    How many barrels per day will ANWR produce during peak production? Someone tossed out 1million bpd which is very close, but high.
    How much of current US oil use will be supplied by ANWR at peak production?
    How long is it estimated that ANWR will last at peak production?
    What is the estimated impact, in cents, on the price of a barrel of oil assuming a $120 per barrel price point, which we have passed?

What will we do for the 6-8 years it will take to get ANWR to peak production?
    What will we do 12 years after that when ANWR tails out?
    How do you think 6 cents per barrel price reduction will impact the pump price?

I used the most optimistic estimates as well. Just to make it sound better to drill in ANWR. There may be some even more optimistic estimates, but I won't use estimates provided by the oil companies. I'll use the ones from their shills, who need to maintain some sliver of credibility.

Again why would we want to pump all our oil reserves out so that the oil companies can sell more oil outside the US where their profits aren't restricted?

If you own oil company stock definitely lobby your congressmen to drill in ANWR. If you don't own oil company stock, then it is a bad idea at this point.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Prices will go down immediately upon the announcement of additional drilling. Our prices high right now due to speculators. Future supply drives the prices. Fact!

The link in the 1st post is no good.
    This one is working.
    American Solutions for Winning the Future

Please edit 1st post with this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links