Off to New Jersey

Off to New Jersey

This is a discussion on Off to New Jersey within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Darn, I hate to go there. I have to go to a wedding, so I guess I will need to leave my babies behind. Gonna ...

Thread: Off to New Jersey

Angry Off to New Jersey

Darn, I hate to go there. I have to go to a wedding, so I guess I will need to leave my babies behind. Gonna be a long week for me

Like Johnny Cash once said, "Leave your guns at home Bill, dont take your guns to town"

I felt like making up a tee shirt with this on it:
    Attention BG's. I am here in NJ visiting. As you are aware the law here says I can not be armed. Therefore if you feel like you want to rape my wife, kidnap my children, or rob me of my money then feel free to do so as I can not defend myself.

Bout sums it up I'd say.
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Darn, I hate to go there. I have to go to a wedding, so I guess I will need to leave my babies behind. Gonna be a long week for me

Like Johnny Cash once said, "Leave your guns at home Bill, dont take your guns to town"

cant waite to get back home
    Have a beer, it helps you to keep a smile on your face!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Maybe a beer or 6!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

lol (sarcastic laugh) Being originally from NJ I get a kick of what others think of the state. Fear is a funny thing. You typically wind up being afraid of things you make up in your mind.

Born and raised in NJ and never had a run in that required the use of a hand gun.....or made me feel that I "needed" one.

On the flip side, I do enjoy living in a state that allows me to carry if I choose to. I don't particularly care for Va...as it is a CommonWealth ....ridiculous in it's own right (look up their pathetic foul language laws). You can carry a gun but don't dare curse someone out lol.Sad. But any state that allows it's citizens to have the freedom to arm themsleves is alright by me....to one extent or another.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    lol (sarcastic laugh) Being originally from NJ I get a kick of what others think of the state. Fear is a funny thing. You typically wind up being afraid of things you make up in your mind.

Born and raised in NJ and never had a run in that required the use of a hand gun.....or made me feel that I "needed" one.

On the flip side, I do enjoy living in a state that allows me to carry if I choose to. I don't particularly care for Va...as it is a CommonWealth ....ridiculous in it's own right (look up their pathetic foul language laws). You can carry a gun but don't dare curse someone out lol.Sad. But any state that allows it's citizens to have the freedom to arm themsleves is alright by me....to one extent or another.
    I noticed your not in NJ any more.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    you are right Ron! Wonder why?
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post

My wife's job took us here. Otherwise I'd be safe and sound back home in NJ. Better pay -vs- taxes -vs- cost of living in other states, but we're talking about the exaggerated crime rate that non-Jersians fear.

If New Jersey was so great, they wouldn't charge people to leave the state. It's funny how those bridges don't charge you going into NJ...

Danger Mouse--Don't forget to take $3 for the troll bridge.

Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

3.00?? Are you kidding me? I think its more like about 30.00 all together. There is the tunnel at Maryland, then a troll at the end of mayland, then a troll in dellyware, then there is the NJ turnpike too!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

let's see. 78, 287, 80, GS Parkway, Turnpike, tunnels/bridges to get you into NYC, and toll bridges to get you to PA (America Starts here!). That's NJ for you.

Although, you would be suprised at the environment of west and west central NJ. I have harvested more deer from NJ than I ever will in PA.

I have multiple friends that are NJ LEO, I travel into NJ periodically for work. If it weren't for the asinine gun laws and the uber liberal politics, western NJ would no be bad place.

As a side note: ALL the NJ LEO that I know complain about the gun laws in NJ. Apparently it is impossible for a NJ LEO to be as equipped as I am (only across the Delaware river).

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    As a side note: ALL the NJ LEO that I know complain about the gun laws in NJ. Apparently it is impossible for a NJ LEO to be as equipped as I am (only across the Delaware river).
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    For official work tools, they can be more better equipped than me.

But to simply buy a handgun, they have to get a permit to even purchase the handgun. 15 or 16 round max on magazines.

Don't stay long. Get out of there as soon as possible.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sponsored Links