Recommend a V6 car for max $25K - Page 3

Recommend a V6 car for max $25K

This is a discussion on Recommend a V6 car for max $25K within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ok OK.... here is the car, A 1966 Chevy Nova SS 396. Yellow with black interior, 4-speed, posi-trac, redline redials with original wire wheels. Duel ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ok OK.... here is the car, A 1966 Chevy Nova SS 396. Yellow with black interior, 4-speed, posi-trac, redline redials with original wire wheels. Duel line 650 cfm duel line Holly carb, Headman headers, 3/4 cam ... oh yeah and a pair of white fuzzy dice over the rearview mirror. By the way, if he doesnt like it... I will gladly take if off your hands (it could be my car from highschool) and I would really Really REALLY love to have it back.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    ok OK.... here is the car, A 1966 Chevy Nova SS 396. Yellow with black interior, 4-speed, posi-trac, redline redials with original wire wheels. Duel line 650 cfm duel line Holly carb, Headman headers, 3/4 cam ... oh yeah and a pair of white fuzzy dice over the rearview mirror. By the way, if he doesnt like it... I will gladly take if off your hands (it could be my car from highschool) and I would really Really REALLY love to have it back.
    That suck's What a Ride!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    I'm going with the Honda Civic Si. Sure, it's a 4-banger, but it's got 200 hp, and handles great with an upgraded rear sway bar. Good fuel efficiency, legendary Honda reliability. Great looks in the coupe.
    +1 The ONLY problem w/ the SI is that, unless it's an option for '08, it DOES NOT come with an automatic!
    Otherwise, I'd buy one!

If you like Nissans, I'd love to test drive the V-6 Altima Coupe.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

One of the best selling american cars today the Ford Taurus. I have two a 96 and a 2003 the 96 has almost 300,000 on it and still runs great. Havent done much to it mechanically except a couple of sensors and 1 fuel injector and normal routine maintanance. And both cars get 23 mpg city and 28 to 30 on the highway.

I drive a 2008 Mercedes S 65 AMG but that is a way north of $30,000.00 though!!! I would have to say to check with a Nissan Maxima, Altima or a Toyota Camry!!

Should probably start here, http://www.edmunds.com/finder/type.s...202d202432354b

But, since you asked..
    I'm not sure why a V6 needs to be a requirement, there some 4 cyclinder cars that have more horsepower than cheaper V6's. You should probably look into weight of vehicle, horsepower/torque at specific RPM's to get a general idea of power. With that being said you have so many choices out there depending on your taste. Mazda 6s, Pontiac G6s, Ford Fusions, which is the same as the Mercury Milan that someone recommended. Camary and Accords V6's are going to run you in the higher end of the 25k after taxes and fees.

I really recommend looking at fully loaded 4 cyclinder cars. Civic SI in 4 door. Sentra SER spec v. Both get get gas mileage.
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

If gas mileage is anything you want to worry about, here is an interesting web site to help filter through some choices: FuelEconomy.gov.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Hyundai Sonata, lot of bang for the bucks you pay.

LOL you couldn't pay me to drive some off these cars.
    There is nothing like getting in that new car, enjoying the smell.
    You pull out,get a big smile on your face.
    You pull up to the red light and realize you can't see anything!!
    Your looking eye to eye to a steel bumper or a tire.
    We had a crash the other day where a PC green car ran into the median and hit an chevy 2500 at 40mph .
    Car driver died , truck barely needs a bumper and a airbag.
    You carry to make sure you come home at night.
    Run the numbers on the odds of you needing your weapon, compared to being in an auto accident. I drive a z71 with a brush guard, and the wife has a 03 Rubicon with a bullbar w/9500ti warn, KC"s on both.
    You may need your car alot more then your carry piece....jmo
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Witch car has electronic opening of the trunk from the inside the car? Push a button and the trunk is open!? I think I saw something like that on the large VW..anyone else that has that?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I think most new cars have manual trunk releases from inside the trunk. I know all the Mazdas do... All of them glow in the dark, too.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    LOL you couldn't pay me to drive some off these cars.
    There is nothing like getting in that new car, enjoying the smell.
    You pull out,get a big smile on your face.
    You pull up to the red light and realize you can't see anything!!
    Your looking eye to eye to a steel bumper or a tire.
    We had a crash the other day where a PC green car ran into the median and hit an chevy 2500 at 40mph .
    Car driver died , truck barely needs a bumper and a airbag.
    You carry to make sure you come home at night.
    Run the numbers on the odds of you needing your weapon, compared to being in an auto accident. I drive a z71 with a brush guard, and the wife has a 03 Rubicon with a bullbar w/9500ti warn, KC"s on both.
    You may need your car alot more then your carry piece....jmo
    What always amazes me about this forum is how freely people here use the "sheep" descriptor in reference to people who are against guns.

Then they go off and spout some nonsense like this. Being a sheep has a much broader meaning and scope that only that of being anti-gun. Being anti-environment and wasteful, is only a part of it. I know people who drive big huge behemoth truchs in the name of safety as well. Why? because they are HORRIBLE drivers and a danger to themselves, so they get a monster thinking that is the solution. So now they endanger every else's safety and waste our precious natural resources.

Being green is becomeing more than just PC, it's becoming an economical factor in a very big way. I just filled my tank up with regular unleaded yesterday at the cost of $4.45 per gallon. Sure, drive that big huge truck and suck down the fuel. Your are only contributing to the problem and helping to make it worse. Supply and demand is what drives cost, and folks like this are significantly increasing the demand.

BTW, you are no safer in that big truck than I am driving my Mini. Also, I'll get there way before you and use less than half as much gas ;)

Stay away from gas-guzzlers. They are a detriment to society, a selfish and greedy attachment that will only hurt you in the very near future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links