Don't tread on Me

This is a discussion on Don't tread on Me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got this fronm an email group I belong to. Flags bearing rattlesnakes and bearing the simple warning "Don't Tread on Me" were first flown on ...

Thread: Don't tread on Me

Don't tread on Me

Got this fronm an email group I belong to.

Flags bearing rattlesnakes and bearing the simple warning "Don't Tread on Me" were first flown on the first ships of the Continental Navy in the Delaware River in 1775. Today, as America faces unprecedented threats, this historic symbol of our founding has emerged as a reminder of our origin and true courage. The Secretary of the Navy, Gordon R. England, has ordered all U.S. Navy ships to fly the First Navy Jack in place of the Union Jack for the duration of the Global War on Terrorism.

Send a message to the world that America will stand up to its aggressors and preserve liberty. Here are some links for more info and places to buy a flag.

Premium Nylon 3'x5' First US Navy Jack Flag - First US Navy Jack Flags - NNJACK
    First Navy Jack: Don't Tread on Me
    Human Events Book Service: First Navy Jack Flag by Collectible
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I served on the USS America CV-66....the ship's motto:

DON'T TREAD ON ME!
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    has been flying for several years now instead of the blue field of stars
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I would think this would be a great rally point for all of us, against all of the stinking, scumbags that would do America in. That includes those over seas and any who poke their dirty little slimeball heads up here in the states.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    I would think this would be a great rally point for all of us, against all of the stinking, scumbags that would do America in. That includes those over seas and any who poke their dirty little slimeball heads up here in the states.
    No to mention the greedy power hungry politicians, who wish to turn America into a communist nanny state.

Links