Everyone safe after the storms?

This is a discussion on Everyone safe after the storms? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Everyone here safe after the lovely afternoon of storms wreaking havoc from the midwest to the east coast? My neighborhood got hit pretty hard(trees in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone safe after the storms?

Question Everyone safe after the storms?

Everyone here safe after the lovely afternoon of storms wreaking havoc from the midwest to the east coast? My neighborhood got hit pretty hard(trees in houses etc...) but not nearly as bad as some folks out towards the midwest.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I had a bunch of funnel clouds within 5-10 miles of the house, but no flickering of the power, DSL, or satellite TV... so we're fine.

VIP Member
    My kids slept through it. I was up waiting for one of them to scream but they just kept on sleepin. Whish I could have. :)
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    We had two tornado warnings in the city where I work, and also at the house. Lots of trees down at work, and I discovered a semi truck on its side in a parking lot... I thought for sure I would find a driver, but thank god it was empty of people and cargo.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i live in nw arkansas and were still repairing storm damage from past couple of weeks worth of nasty storms,tore the complete roof off my 10x14 storage building chipboard,tarpaper shingles,all of it scattered all over my yard and my neihbors were bailing hay and found my daughters jumbo trampoline with they"re hay cutter,i never could find it,its ruined,it just dissapeared.80 to 100 mph winds,never seen rain poor sideways, it was a scary nite.thank god my kids are ok.

Lead Moderator
    Here in Maryland the house seems OK (Have to check the roof in daylight), but coming up on 20 hours with out power. Suddenly work is nice with light, A/C and stuff.

Compared with others things aren't so bad.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Lots of rain and wind, a couple or t-storm warnings and a few tornado warnings but over all (knocking on wood) we are in pretty good shape.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Moderator
    Boy we Need rain in Lower Alabama
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by alwysbroke View Post
    i live in nw arkansas and were still repairing storm damage from past couple of weeks worth of nasty storms,tore the complete roof off my 10x14 storage building chipboard,tarpaper shingles,all of it scattered all over my yard and my neihbors were bailing hay and found my daughters jumbo trampoline with they"re hay cutter,i never could find it,its ruined,it just dissapeared.80 to 100 mph winds,never seen rain poor sideways, it was a scary nite.thank god my kids are ok.
    We got hit pretty hard Sunday morning early. Raining sideways---yep, uprooted some trees, snapped some power lines near a local substation--345kv mains down on the highway, we were without power for 16 hours. Had a two inch diameter limb go through the roof of my shed/reloading building. Went down the one lane back road (the road we take to get to the range) and helped with some of the locals cutting trees out of the way with chainsaws. A contract utility worker died earlier this week repairing some of the storm damage in Paris, Arkansas (close)--electrocuted and two of his co-workers severely burned/injured. It was bad, but could have been worse. The nearest town of Alma (why we were without power) was virtually shut down with no electricity for the same 16 hours. 1 1/2" of rain in something like 30 minutes. It rained so hard, so fast the crawdads came out of their holes and drowned in the pasture.

Senior Moderator
    We had storms?

All quiet on the Western Front.

Sorry, couldn't help but make that joke.

My sincere condolences to those that were effected by nature's fury - it's never fun.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Just rain around here.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    We had storms?
    I don't think they made it as far south as you guys...count your blessings. I know folks up this way that are missing roofs or have trees where the living rooms used to be (parts of my neighborhood).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I'm still cleaning up 4 full size oaks I lost in a tornado 3 weeks ago.
    Luckily no storms here.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

good thing those storms didnt hurt anyone .
    It seems like all the bad weather is avoiding fl by 1500 miles+ -
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links