If this keeps up I may start to believe Al Gore...

This is a discussion on If this keeps up I may start to believe Al Gore... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Holy cow!!! These past few days have been like living in a pressure cooker...has anybody else been living through 100+F days with nearly 100% humidity? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If this keeps up I may start to believe Al Gore...

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar

Holy cow!!! These past few days have been like living in a pressure cooker...has anybody else been living through 100+F days with nearly 100% humidity? According to the car thermometer is was 108F at 1500 today. It was ONLY 95F on the way home at 1930, and it actually FELT cooler!!

I actually shaved my head for the first time since I got out of the Navy 6.5 years ago!!

My gunbelt is SOAKED and so is my holster!!! Hopefully they don't stink once they dry.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Ditto, I actually had to go out without my usual cover garment today, who says you can't conceal a 5" 1911 under a T-Shirt.

Here in Florida we don't call it HOT, we call it summer...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oh Yeah, however, this is typical for Texas. Although is has started a little earlier then normal.

So maybe all this means is that we will have a very early fall ... like maybe August 1st.
    Last edited by Ridgeline; June 7th, 2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: <sp>
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Even the bugs are leaving my part of the country.Our rainfall totals are down 7 inches from normal.The water in my pool is around 85 degrees.Like bath water.

Glad some one has heat, temps in the 40s and 50s here. we had snow down to 2000 feet on the 5th. Now we have rain could be snowing at the higher elevations. I had to turn the heat back on, GRRRRR. Waiting for som hot weather.

In Mississippi lol . My truck said 98 with im sure 75+ humidity.and it felt cool. Give me the shakes in a deer stand over this any day.
    The funny part is it hasn't got hott yett !!!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    IMHO, that would not be a good idea if you want to remain a "free American"...

VIP Member
    We actually had to put the air conditioners in today.... (we live in a farmhouse that was built in the 1890s...so no central air...)

As to Ali Gory being right...the only reason it's hot is IT'S JUNE IN THE SOUTH!!!!!......we didn't have to use the ac at all last year...They stayed stored in the garage.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Anything that is happening now has little or nothing to do with all of our power plants, cars and everything else.

Anyone who wants to get some idea of the magnitude of the lunacy that pervades the global warming debate can read Michael Crichton's "climate of fear'.

It is an eye opening read.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Here in Florida we don't call it HOT, we call it summer...
    Hear Hear! And it was nice all the way through April so it was a cool year for us so far
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Upper 90's today with humidity here in West Tennessee. I LOVE IT! I hate cold weather.

I rode 25 miles on my bike today and tomorrow I am riding again. Bring on the 100 + degrees. This will burn the fat right off of you if you don't mind sweating. And I don't.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Anything that is happening now has little or nothing to do with all of our power plants, cars and everything else.

Anyone who wants to get some idea of the magnitude of the lunacy that pervades the global warming debate can read Michael Crichton's "state of fear'.

It is an eye opening read.......
    +1 on Michael Crichton's “State of Fear”, excellent read. I remember back in the 1970’s the big eco-hysteria was global cooling, there would be massive loss of crops, millions dieing of famine, sea levels dropping and other disasters. Didn’t happen and will not happen now. Also when al gore’s “A Convenient Lie” is shown in England it must be accompanied with disclaimers stating that it is unproven “science”.

Jeez. I don't think it even hit 60 today, in my neck of the woods. It has been a very cool and rainy past couple of months.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I don't mind the 100+ anywhere near as much as the damn 90%+ relative humidity.

I'd rather be in Phoenix in August than the south in June.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links