Truck noise

Truck noise

This is a discussion on Truck noise within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just remembered the funniest story I think I ever heard,I have a friend who is a truck driver and years ago he was driving ...

Thread: Truck noise

Truck noise

I just remembered the funniest story I think I ever heard,I have a friend who is a truck driver and years ago he was driving in the mountains in colorado,he was pretty tired and was fighting sleep all of a sudden he heard a noise that sounded out of place so he got real awake real quick after a few seconds he heard a little thud and he's checking guages thinking engine transmission loose strap what was that all of a sudden he hears another little thud,it's not consistent and he's never heard anything like it before pretty soon another thud so he decides to stop and see what's up so as he starts to brake to pull over he sees a volkswagen beetle start pulling away from the front of his truck,the guy was so close he couldn't see him and he was going just a hair faster and would bump the guy ahead a little bit then catch up and bump him again.I bet the guy in the volkswagen had to throw them underwear away
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    I've heard a few stories about semi trucks dragging VW's and other small cars for miles without realizing it.
    A similar thing happened to my Dad years ago, he had a TR7. Truck changed lanes and he got caught under the trailer, nearly killing him. The truck driver never knew it until other motorists got his attention.

You gotta be careful around the trucks, give them plenty of room and respect.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've heard a few stories about semi trucks dragging VW's and other small cars for miles without realizing it.
    A similar thing happened to my Dad years ago, he had a TR7. Truck changed lanes and he got caught under the trailer, nearly killing him. The truck driver never knew it until other motorists got his attention.

You gotta be careful around the trucks, give them plenty of room and respect.
    That ain't funny that is scary as heck,remember when Ben Carpenter in the motorised wheelchair got caught on the front of the semi and got going about 50mph before the cops stopped him,the tires on the wheelchair had the rubber worn off I think they're rated for 5mph not highway speeds,Ben said he wasn't religious til after he went on the ride,I guess he found god
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Administrator
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that... the "Carpenter incident" would be scary as scary could be.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    My dad drove a route truck fo Coca Cola for years. He had a Alfa romeo cut in too close too him one time. End result was an unplanned pitt maneuver with the sports car sideways across the front of his bumper for about 30 seconds. He said that he never felt it, he only stopped cause he saw the car cut in and not come out of the blind spot over the hood.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

A friend of mine was driving a big rig and went to change lanes to the right only to bump into a car that was in his blind spot. He heard the grinding noise so he went back into his original lane, saw the car pull over so he did to. Apparently the lugs nuts on the front wheel cut a perfect circle into the drivers door..no one hurt.
    "Brains before Bullets"

The whole wheelchair incident occurred only a few miles down the road from me. The kid had locked his brakes on and just worn off anything that would wear off. Apparently he was crossing the street and the trucker was turning and didn't see him. The kid road for the longest time. What saved him was the handle bars actually embedded into the grill of the truck.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    20 years ago I shared a hospital room with a guy that had been in an accident with a tractor trailer. Apparently when the truck passed him, he dimmed his headlights like a good boy, not realizing that to truckdrivers, that's the signal that it's clear to merge back into traffic.

So, if you didn't know, wait for the entire truck to pass you before you dim your headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    20 years ago I shared a hospital room with a guy that had been in an accident with a tractor trailer. Apparently when the truck passed him, he dimmed his headlights like a good boy, not realizing that to truckdrivers, that's the signal that it's clear to merge back into traffic.

So, if you didn't know, wait for the entire truck to pass you before you dim your headlights.
    Actually flashing you're headlights is a signal they have room to get in,if you let a trucker in and he flashes his trailer lights on and off that's a thank you

VIP Member
    I was not driving a Tractor Trailer long when I was heading West on the NY State Thruway. I dimmed the lights to let the trucker know he was clear to come back over. He got on the radio and said look again I got another trailer. He had two 53' or 48' trailers behind his truck. He asked how long I was driving, he knew I was a green horn. He was cool and I pulled over at the next plaza and got some shut eye.

the average truck has 70000 pounds I think that s 35 tonnes heck of alot weight out in wi they carry 120000+ dont jump out infront of those suckers
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

Heck that could happen in a PU truck, big jacked up PU, new small car, dark night, looking straight ahead you can look right over the top of one of those things with out realizing it.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Heck that could happen in a PU truck, big jacked up PU, new small car, dark night, looking straight ahead you can look right over the top of one of those things with out realizing it.
    Could and does happen... difference being is a large P/U would know right away that something happened.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links