Man Who Fell Off Couch Laughing at TV Show Ends Up Pepper Sprayed, Arrested

This is a discussion on Man Who Fell Off Couch Laughing at TV Show Ends Up Pepper Sprayed, Arrested within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TacticalCompact I'll assume that the bolded text was in fact a typo otherwise you've lost me. But on this issue, here in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man Who Fell Off Couch Laughing at TV Show Ends Up Pepper Sprayed, Arrested

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    I'll assume that the bolded text was in fact a typo otherwise you've lost me.

But on this issue, here in the States if the police were to show up at my door without a warrant, would I not be within my rights to refuse them entry, or refuse to provide my ID? I'm just curious.

Really? Is that not how this great nation was formed in the first place? Is that not how the citizens of France maintain a semblance of control over their government? Is that now how We the People should also maintain some level of control? If the police know they will not get a fight when forcing themselves illegally into my home, what is to stop them from doing that to everyone whenever they want? What about the bad cops out there?
    Yeah, it was a typo.

A warrant would not be needed in this case to enter the home. Before you decide to fight with the police, you better have all your ducks in a row and know what you are talking about.

And no, thats not how this country was formed. Read a history book, take a civics and American government class or two and get back to me. Until then, there is no debate to be had.

It is fine to disagree, but do so in a court room or other venue. Fighting it out on the street means you lose every time. You got to be smart and play by the rules if you want to win.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Just remember that there is NO LAW requiring you to open your door to answer a knock.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links