Forum Member needs our help! Karma time?

This is a discussion on Forum Member needs our help! Karma time? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you would like to help out, read this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...our-gun-1.html What I was thinking is maybe a Karma giveaway type thread where a member ...

Thread: Forum Member needs our help! Karma time?

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Forum Member needs our help! Karma time?

If you would like to help out, read this thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...our-gun-1.html

What I was thinking is maybe a Karma giveaway type thread where a member posts something up for sale (at a reasonable price) and the money (or part of it) could go to help this member out.

I have things I am willing to sell off in support of this and would make great Karma offerings!

UPDATE: Member has posted his address. It might not stay posted long so if you need too, PM him and ask for the address if you wish to send him something.

I say we go ahead and use this thread to start the Karma posts (post something you are willing to sell to a member, then sending all or part of the money to this person in need or buy him a gift card instead of cash).

If you are doing any private donations to him, keep it private. This is for posting items for sale to benefit this member.

Here is a link to Wal-Mart Gift Cards that can be purchased online and mailed to anyone."
    Last edited by Tally XD; June 12th, 2008 at 11:54 PM.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good idea, but I'll just send food.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

How about grocery gift cards? What are the major stores there?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I would think any major chain would be there, maybe Wal Mart Gift cards? Gift cards or food is an excellent way to help!

However, a person occasionally needs a little cash so if there are any who would donate something for sale occasionally.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I can help a little. Good idea - I'd hate to see him lose his gun to survive when alternatives exist. I've had to part with all previously-owned firearms just to buy food before and it's a downward spiral. I never got those guns back, but those times did indeed pass. What about some of the suggestions for local resources? Any feedback on luccess or failure? I think immediate assistance is needed (in whatever amount or commodity) to help him through the application process.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Here is a link to Wal-Mart Gift Cards that can be purchased online and mailed to anyone.

Hi,

I have something I need to sell and would be willing to kick some money from the sale to ozarksmagic.

Last week I ordered a BlackHawk Serpa Level II holster for a HK USPc 9mm from Optics Planet. I returned the HK and got a glock instead, so I don't need the holster. It is new in box and never opened.

I could probably return it, but if someone here wants it, I'd be glad to just sell it here and kick some of the proceeds to our member in need.

I paid $44 shipped for it, if someone will help me recover some of my losses by buying it for like $40 shipped, I'd be glad to kick half of it to ozarkmagic.

Thanks
    Glock 19

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Tally, glad to see you took this up as well...keep it going guys!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I have some odds and ends for sale cheap. All money willgo to OzarksMagic for his benefit.

Items:

- Remington 870 original wood stock and forend set (used but still good condition) $15.00

- Excellent rubber butt pad for Rem870/Mossberg shotgun Speedfeed buttstock kit $5.00

- Standard AR-15 grip handle (brand new never installed) $5.00

- 2each stock XD45 13rnd magazine springs $5.00 for both

- Stock XD45 sights (not night sights) $15.00

- 2each AGP 2rnd XD45 magazine extensions with metal base lcoking plates brand new never used $8.00 for both

- Command Arms Accessories 1" tactical flashlight with weaver rail mount and remote pressure switch (mounted but never used - great for HD shotgun) $30.00

- UTG front and rear fixed iron sights for AR-15. Front has never been out of box. Rear sight was mounted for one week. Both sights are rail mount style. Rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. Not bad sights for cheapo brand. $45 for both

All items will ship USPS Priority according to actual shipping cost. Items can be shipped together in a one rate shipping package through USPS.
    Last edited by Tally XD; June 13th, 2008 at 08:13 PM.

Links